Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Trans behind a denali

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Dannn 
#1 ·
anyone know what trans came behind an 01 yukon denali xl? its got a 6.0, but i'm seeing some say its a 4l65e and some say its an 80e

Anything worth selling off one of these? front clip and interior worth anything?

Got one in that rolled over thinking about parting it and keeping the motor/trans for the TJ.

#3 ·
yeah it is the XL... i know its an LQ4. was able to just barely glance at the pan when i was unloading it.

do the factory 4l60e pans have drain plugs? I know this one did. I'd look at it again, but its on the ground, like frame on the ground.

#5 ·
I'm reading that its a 4l60E-HD i guess? who the hell knows.

I'm confused because its a 6lug XL with a 6.0.

only reason i care is i'm on the fence about running a 4l60 behind a tuned 6.0 in a TJ, but a 4l80 might be a bit big for a tj.

The 4l60e came behind damn near everything below a 6.0l (4.3 v6, 4.8 v8, 5.3 v8, 5.7 ls1 etc)

#7 ·
yup, its supposed to be the same, although i read the 60hd doesnt have a hardened sunshell like the 65 does. but who knows... i'm still scared as shit to run it behind a tuned 6.0 but i guess if it blows, i'll put an 80e in it. the trans is supposed to be freshly rebuilt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.