Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Girlfriend problems

21K views 268 replies 94 participants last post by  dreezy 
#1 ·
What would you do if you stumbled upon emails where your girlfriend of 8 years filled out a rental application for an apartment and also know that she has went to look at it and is very interested in renting it. To her knowledge I have no idea and really have had no reason to believe anything was wrong.

#49 ·
Truff
Dumb people ruin relationships facebook just speeds up the process.
I would start a yard sale right now with her things. If she didnt care enough to include you in this move you were gone along time ago. There is no way Id trust her now.
Funny you mentioned this idea. I heard about this driving in to work today
:sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay:

#47 ·
Start with asking her about her grandmother. She lied there, you didn't do anything wrong and see if she starts to confess. If not, bring up what you know. From your posts information between you two isn't hidden.

On a side note, Facebook ruins relationships because of old flames reconnecting and privacy doesn't exist anywhere.

And those that have read my posts probably think I'm the wrong guy to offer advice, but oh well...

#50 ·
I've come to the point where even if this apt isn't for her she hasn't mentioned it at all. There is one scenario in my head that would be ok but it's not likely. She has a friend that is in a weird, possibly abusive relationship and could possibly be wanting to move out. The apt is near said friends parents house. But this friends brother is the ex boyfriend mentioned so who knows

#53 ·
You still dont see it. If the apartment IS for someone else she still is signing a rental agreement . She will be liable for those expenses if it doesnt work out.
Couples in relationships dont run out and spend money and/or sign rental agreements without letting the other half know.
My brotherinlaw is having problems and of coarse the wife wants to help. The wife asked me if we could buy a place and resell on land contract? Of coase my answer was fuck that but you see the right way to start. Not just do it behind your back.

#51 ·
where there is smoke.......

Grandma drove by while she was with Grandma, seems pretty obvious, something is being held from you, find out why she is lying to you, if she won't come clean, she isn't worth giving another chance to come clean and you can make that point clear by packing up her things for her and changing the locks.

#54 ·
How do you "stumble" upon emails? ...." Oh honey btw, i fell on the computer and it logged into your email account"...

talk to her about it, instead of posting in a public forum

#61 ·
It sounds like the 8 years may have included some high school. So I am not sure that the whole getting engaged thing is a game changer. It would seem to me that he should know if that is an issue.
I would just ask if I suspected my husband was up to something, but then he usually tells me everything so I don't really have to. Asking is the easiest answer even if you don't like the answer you get.

#81 ·
It is so nice of you guys to host these threads for your brothers of GLakes and all of the helpful info and smartass remarks makes me tear up. I really like the way you look out for the better interests for the OP. Makes me think there really are good people out there.

I luv u guyz!

#87 ·
w/o reading all this crap (but enough)

No ring after 8 years
She lies
You dont trust her and gawd knows what else is wrong here.

Do your own laundry and dishes. Maybe learn to cook too.

Get out now!

There is no reason to continue this "relationship", all youre doing is kicking your own ass with the stress of playing detective everytime she breathes.

#97 ·
No ring after 8 years
She lies
You dont trust her and gawd knows what else is wrong here.

Do your own laundry and dishes. Maybe learn to cook too.

Get out now!

There is no reason to continue this "relationship", all youre doing is kicking your own ass with the stress of playing detective everytime she breathes.
Women! :finger:

Did you ever, EVER simply consider that just maybe she is a great lay and that is why he is with her???!!!

#103 ·
Maybe she seeing if she can trust you and makeing fake apparpment interviews and doing this stuff to see if she can trust you. Maybe it was her last attempt to see if you are trust worthy because you said you have gone through her stuff in the past.
Maybe you set your self up for failure and that was her last move befor she was out the door.
You could have screwed your self.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.