Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

New Tow Rig

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  curt1656 
#1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a new to me tow rig saturday evening.

1985 F250 4X4 Lariat - 40K miles
460 / C6 / NP208
TTB d44 frt/sterling 10.25 rear 3:55 gears

See less See more
#4 ·
It came out of WA and was never driven in the winter. Dude only pulled his camper with it a couple times a year which is why its 25 yrs old and only has 40k on it. The only rust is on the tail gate just about the trim panel and its not even a very big spot.

The topper needs to go, can't see crap through the back window with it on. Want to find a good used tonneau cover for it soon.

#5 ·
Picked up a good used intake manifold, cleaned it up and threw some fresh paint on it. I have already removed all the useless emissions BS from the 460 (2 air pumps, a bunch of hoses, 2 coal canisters, and an exhaust air injection system), now I can get rid of the factory manifold as well to ensure I do not have any leaks from the multiple emission component gaskets. Truck has a 600 cfm eddie on it currently but it needs just a little more I think, so I will "test-fit" my 750 eddie on it and see how that goes.

I have other things planned for this truck, but haven't had the time recently to accomplish anything vehicle related.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.