Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Fast EZ-EFI

6K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  BBCYJ 
#1 ·
Just over a year ago I purchased Fuel Air Spark Technologies new self learning efi setup. I guess I should give a little history on my build before I get into the efi stuff. I have a Jeep jy with a 432 big block chevy in it. Nothing extreme, just a .030 427, 10.2 to 1, medium roller cam, factory heads w/ bigger valves and just enough porting to know i wasn't doing any damage. The motor started out with a 850 holley double pumper on it. The carb had the usual issues climbing hills, and off camber flooding out. Two years of trying to make it work, I finally decided to try some sort of efi setup. Last January I bought the EZ-EFI setup. The installation went well, the jeep fired up and ran rich, like everyone said it would. The jeep drove ok, with some hesitation, and general low rpm issues. Some of the hesitation and low rpm stuff cleared up. The jeep Never seemed to cold start worth a crap, it was ALWAYS very rich until the coolant temp got to 140F. This never got any better, so I emailed the tech department. After two weeks of painful, slow communication, the best they could tell me was that I had exhaust leaks ahead of the 02 sensor. I never did find anything in the way of leaks, I just leaned the idle out as much as I could and lived with the staring issues. Gas millage never seemed to be any better that the 850dp. About 2 months ago, I was driving home, and noticed I was loosing power, anything above about 50% throttle, it just went dead lean and would stall. The problem just kept getting worse, until the jeep would only idle. Pushing the throttle would just result in the rpms going up to about 2500, then dropping quickly, until I let off or it stalled. The throttle body and ecm spent 4 weeks at fast, only to return with a clean bill of health. At the current time, I have tried 2 completely different ignition setups, a new 02 sensor, fuel pressure gauge, and a new fuel pump. The tech guy I have been dealing with is very nice, but isn't exactly bending over backwards to help. Long story short, I wish I would have just put a 5.3 chevy in it for the same price I have into the "EZ" EFI. The holley is back on, and flooding out as it always did. Sorry for the long winded rant, but I am frustrated beyond belief.

See less See more
#2 ·
to help out your holly try taking a piece of hose and looping it between the bowl vents, make it go as high as your air cleaner will allow. once you get it on use a razor blade to make a slit length wise about 1-1.5 inches long, this will help raise the spill over hight of the bowls

#4 ·
This sucks, glad I went propane instead of the FAST system. Hope you get something figured out. If they can't figure it out are they willing to buy it back so you aren't out close to $2k?

#5 ·
The only problem I have with propane is the ammount I would use. I still drive the Jeep to work, 25 miles one way, and to our lease property about 15 miles away. I put 5000+ miles a year on it. Right now I am having trouble getting ahold of the tech guy I have been talking to. Don't know what to do, hate to sell it at a huge loss, and I love the big block more now than ever. (just went to a bigger tire) Seeya later!

#6 ·
Glad to finally see some feedback on this system as I was concidering it for my Bronco2 before I decided to run stock crap...glad I did now.

#7 ·
Left 3 voice mails with the tech guy, they will not call me back. The system worked ok for almost a year. I am thinking this is a bad connection or something simple. Up until this, I would have recommened this product. But the tech help has been sad at best.

#8 ·
I had the same problems about 8 years ago when I bought my first Demon Carb. What a POS. Calling their tech line and listening to them read the manual word for word stopped being funny after the 3rd or 4th call. That was the first and only carb I was NEVER able to get working right in all my 20+ years doing this. The people in their tech department were a joke and I vow to never buy a Demon product again.

#11 ·
I have ruled out most of the sensors, including the throttle pos sensor by just watcing the display. On the handheld, it displays a scale of 0 to 100, it moves smooothly as you open the throttle. Both temp sensors and map sensor seem to check about what you would expect. I love the holley for driving, just not wheeling! Thanks for the input guys!

#12 ·
I bought the FAST ez-efi set up a year or so also. I had a few small problems when I first installed the set up on my 454. I never called them directly but went to there forum. The problems where solved quickly. Great tech and people on there was my experience. The first time out with it on the trail everything worked great for about the first 10 minutes then I started haveing similar issues to what you are talking about. It was an electricial issue with the wire that went to my dist. The issue was my own fault and after a couple of hours of trouble shooting we had it figured out, fixed and it has never given me a bit of since. I couldn't be happier with it.

#13 ·
hey where at in Kalamzoo are you located? I'm going to school at Western and could possibly come by and help you out. I run a megasquirt computer on my mopar 360 using a GM TB rite now.

Are you able to plug a laptop in and see the fuel tables? Air Fuel ratio? Enrichment settings? Idle steps?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.