Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Was this guy and his knives really a threat to these police officers? (NSFW video)

13K views 124 replies 39 participants last post by  snohog 
#1 ·
This seems like we have some cops who just got back from Afghanistan or something, and were just looking to shoot someone

#102 ·
I may "follow orders" but I may really suck at finding what they want mw to look for. And if it really came down to it, they can have my job and my duty weapon. The badge doesnt define me or most officers.

I dont know the whole reasoning behind the Katrina thing. I dont really think it was meant to be as sinister as it sounds but it clearly wasnt thought out which is common of lots of plans when real large scale emergencies hit.

#105 ·
I do too, but it's easy to say that today.

I think oz is genuinely one of the good guys, probably one of the nicer guys I have ever met.

I just wonder how hard the decision would really be when it came down to putting the pay check in the pocket or putting an application in elsewhere.

#107 ·
One thing to consider, most likely if one was asked to do something like this a major event has happen (storm, or major gov. move). Not that it would make it easy but chances are a lot of people may be in a situation where they are leaving the area anyway.

I would like to think if it was a law passed or something along those lines shot would hit the fan long before anyone would be asked to knock on doors.

#106 · (Edited)
I dont see it as a hard decision. If it were to come to the department making those calls, then lots would have changed or a major event would have happened.

In the case of a Katrina like event, it would be pretty much chaos anyway and EVERYONE would be scrambling. Katrina was a perfect example as many of the department pretty much went on their own for various reasons. Part of being a cop is displaying sound judgement under pressure and not reacting with poor decisions. Considering taking guns would violate our very own constitution I believe id have a good argument to defend my decisions once things calmed down. Id bet id land on my feet fine

On the other hand, if we had some ridiculous govt takeover thing where guns were outlawed and the public were made out to be the enemy, you could bet our country would be at war with itself. I know what side id be on. Ive had similar discussions with lots of cops and the feeling is pretty similar across the board. For that matter, pretty much everyone I know in the military also feels that way.

What concerns me is the slow "progress" towards more and more control over generations. However, in 3 or 4 or more generations with incrimentally more govt intervention things will be "normal" for them. It will likely be a far different world than we live in today but we will be dead and gone so I suppose its not our concern.

#118 ·
bump.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The Albuquerque mayor said late Sunday that a more than 10-hour protest over recent police shootings has turned from peaceful into “mayhem,” as officers in riot gear clashed with protesters who blocked traffic, tried to get on freeways and shouted anti-police slogans.
Richard Berry said one officer was injured, rocks were thrown and at one point protesters trapped police in a vehicle and tried to break the windows, the Albuquerque Journal reported. An Associated Press reporter saw gas canisters being thrown outside police headquarters and Albuquerque police and Bernalillo County sheriff's deputies charging at the protesters late Sunday, which mostly dispersed the crowds.
Berry didn't know of any arrests, and multiple messages left for the police department weren't immediately returned. Video by KRQE-TV shows people being led away in zip-tie restraints, but it's unclear if those people were arrested of if any protesters were injured.
“We respected their rights to protest, obviously,” Berry said, “but what it appears we have at this time is individuals who weren't connected necessarily with the original protest. They've taken it far beyond a normal protest.”
Protesters took to the streets in the early afternoon and stayed out late Sunday after authorities declared an unlawful assembly. People are angry over Albuquerque police's involvement in 37 shootings, 23 of them fatal, since 2010. Critics say that's too many for a department serving a city of about 555,000.
The U.S. Justice Department has been investigating the department for more than a year, looking into complaints of civil rights violations and allegations of excessive use of force.
The protest came days after a YouTube video emerged threatening retaliation for a recent deadly police shooting.
The video, which bore the logo of the computer hacking collective Anonymous, warned of a cyberattack on city websites and called for the protest march. Albuquerque police said their site had been breached early Sunday afternoon, but it was visible late in the afternoon after being offline for hours.
Earlier Sunday, police spokesman Simon Drobik confirmed the disruption was due to a cyberattack and said investigators had not uncovered the source of the hack.
In the shooting on March 16 that led to the YouTube posting Tuesday, a homeless man was killed in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains on the east side of Albuquerque. The shooting was captured on video and followed a long standoff. The FBI has opened an investigation.
Last week, Albuquerque police fatally shot a man at a public housing complex. Authorities said he shot at officers before they returned fire.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/natio...rotest-20140330,0,5616731.story#ixzz2xZvP1Jdy
http://www.latimes.com/nation/natio...rotest-20140330,0,5616731.story#axzz2xZvIs1ud

#121 ·
Yes I have, it is a shit hole. I get the joy of going back to Roswell in a couple weeks. Judging by the gun belts the cops were wearing down there I would say they saw a little action. I was standing in line with 4 cops at jimmy johns and they all had full sized m&p's with the longest extended mags I have ever seen (damn near double length) and 6 extra extended mags on their belts. I have never seen a cop carry that much ammo before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.