Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

My New Walker Evan Wheels/Tire and And Bumper...

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Fullsize4life 
#1 ·
I finally got my37 inch By13.00 17 New Walker Evan Wheels/Bogger Tires And Gen-Right Bumper and Fenders put on...I'm waiting on the winch,and I Just ordered the New transfer case today....I installed the new Dana 44 Front axle with Molly axles....I'm having The front/Rear fenders and Bumper Clear Coated.....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Not bad for a Jeep! :thumb: Looks real nice , you may want to groove your Bogger's they kinda suck at the slick rock stuff . If you groove them they do a lot better . Other than that it looks like it's gonna rock. This is how I did mine . It helped quite a bit.

#3 · (Edited)
I was think about doing this. What do you think??
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tireSiping.dos
Tire Siping

Discount Tire/America’s Tire offers the revolutionary tire “Siping” procedure.
Here's how siping works:
Siping Detail

Saf-Tee® siping cuts slits, called sipes, at 90° angles across the tread, providing thousands of gripping edges for better traction and stopping power. Wear-robbing heat and hydroplaning are also minimized.
Check out the information below to find out how you can improve your traction in poor weather driving environments.
Improved Braking

Research has shown that the most effective braking power occurs immediately prior to losing traction. Siping extends the window allowed for maximum braking power by giving the existing tread a helping hand. In the examples below notice how the siped tire has dozens more gripping edges. These micro edges reduce the distance needed for braking on wet and icy roads.
Improved Braking Graphic
Better Traction

The tread surface on your tire is made up of many smaller surfaces know as “Tread Blocks”. The reason for so many surfaces is especially important when it comes to icy or wet road conditions. The Tread Blocks get their gripping power not from their many smooth surfaces but from the more numerous sharp surrounding edges. Siping improves the job started by your tire manufacturer by providing more of these gripping edges.
Better Traction Graphic
Smoother Ride

New asphalt is relatively smooth but time and wear exaggerates the coarse texture of the road's surface causing your tires to absorb most of the impact. Siping gives your tires a Micro-Flexibility reducing the wear on your tires' carcass and sidewalls. This effect not only increases tire life but will result in a smoother ride.
Smoother Ride Graphic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.