Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Michigan Civil Service Test

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  oz97tj 
#1 ·
Anyone here take it by chance? How difficult is it? What can I study?

I plan on taking it soon since it is required to apply for Conservation Officer positions.

Thanks

#4 ·
I'm still young which is why I sm getting a head start on it. Only a few more classes left until I am done with college and just started working in the security field. MSP may be a possibility though..just curious how what I should study and prepare for.

#8 ·
Took it s few years ago right after finishing my degree. No study needed if you paid attention in classes don't get all worked up over it its a gov test can't be to hard or some officers would have never made it.
Don't listen to any one telling you not to follow your dream do what you think is best for you to achieve your dreams. Do that and you will be happy. You might stumble but that's normal just keep doing what you feel is best for you.

#11 ·
My major is criminal justice and fordbronco you are exactly right I must follow my dream. Trust me I know the good and bad working for the government, a good majority of my family works for the government, but that isn't stopping me from doing what I love to do. The past 4 years even many of my professors have tried to steer students away from the field because its not what television makes it out to be, but I already know that. I work downtown with MSP and DPD onb a day to day basis, I know the ins and outs and know what its like.

The great thing about applying for a CO position is you are APPLYING, it doesnt mean you will get a call right away I realize that which again is why I am getting a head start on it cause I plan on waiting. My dream is to work DNR in Oceana County at silver lake, I'll get there.

#16 ·
I wouldn't say desperately yet, but there is a large turnover in LE right now across the county. With the economy finally coming around, there will be mass exodus of all the baby boomers who are already in that 25 / 30 yr range and up. Many would have likely already been gone but for obvious reasons, many have stuck around the last 5 or 6 years. Now they are lining up to retire which will leave mass openings across the nation.

If someone is looking to get into LE, now is a great time to get started before the mass hiring really gets going strong as seniority plays a large part internally throughout ones career.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.