Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Pit Tash Shoot Out 2011 @ Bundy Hill Oct. 22nd & 23rd.

18K views 209 replies 48 participants last post by  SizeMatters 
#1 · (Edited)

2011 Pit Trash Shoot Out.

2 Classes competing, on an expanded 1 mile Extreme Challenge Course this year.
Best time, second chance run if you want. (your 2nd time sticks)
Class #1 Saturday, Open Class. Run what ya brung, no limits, balls out for some big cash & awesome prizes.
Class #2 Sunday, Sportsman Class. Little more relaxed course, for those that want to give it a try, with the more average style rig.
The classes are 31"-33", 34"-36", 37"-40", 41"-44" on up.
We'll run for what's in the pot that day, and great prizes to.

Entry fee for the Open Class $200 per rig.
Entry fee for the Sportsman Class $25 per rig.

Drivers meeting at 11:00am, racing starts at 12 noon each day.

Teams will be competing for cash & prizes to be paid out to 1st thru 5th place in each class.

Registration for both classes open until day of race.
(Send us an email and let us know you're coming before hand, if you would)

Rustic Camping available for the weekend.
Walk in spectator fee $5 per person each day of event.
Park will be open for regular wheeling each day, with the exception of the areas being used for the competition. Regular park admission applies.

Vendor Space is available.
For more info and the rules-email us @ pittrashchallenge@hotmail.com
Or look on Face Book @ 2011 Pit Trash Shoot Out

More info on our web site coming soon.

See less See more
#190 ·
so mike won... good job mike. he said it was a awesome track.

#196 ·
Fun, fun, fun! We had a great time, and met some great people, thanks to Ed, Mike, Rob, and the rest of the crew (sorry I forgot some names) at Bundy Hill for putting on this event. As Mike told me we took first twice, lol. After Jeremy's second run that beat our first run, I knew we were going to get dirty, it was a great time. Sunday we took a tour to see what the park offered, nice park, Mike let me drive his blue buggy, climb some big hills no problem, drove a V-notch type ditch, no problem. Sweet buggy Mike and sweet off road park Bundy Hill. :thumb:
I'll post some video later in the week.

#198 · (Edited)
Thank You!

What an awesome weekend!
Thank you to everyone that came out and ran, hung out, camped, laughed with us & at us,
showed great sportsmanship, and helped us in many ways with the Pit Trash Shoot Out this year.

Thank You to our sponsors this year:
Ryan & Leah from Snofari
Schpabach's Sporting Good in Jackson, MI
Pro Graphics & Race Wraps, Hanover, MI
Mickey Thompson Tires
Jeff @ Advantage Drive Line in Jackson, MI
Bill @ ACE Hardwear in Vandercook Lake, MI
Rocks & Valleys, Harrison, MI
Performance Automotive in Jackson, MI
Build a Bronco, Homer, MI
Darksyde Acers Haunted House, Jonesville, MI
Bundy Hill Off Road Park
Ford Motor Company
Zone Off Road
And to Mother Nature for the beautiful weather this weekend:beerbang:

We had 4 rigs for Saturday's Open Class That was a fantastic show!
We had 13 rigs for Sunday's Sportsman's Class that was an AWESOME Carnage Fest!
I'll post up finishing order when I find my notes tomorrow.

Post up the picture & videos folks!

#199 ·
A huge thank you to everyone involved in the 2011 PTSO. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The course was AMAZING to see with a great mix of speed and technical areas. The competitors were great to watch. I can't wait to run this line some time soon when I get my rig running. I just hope someone gets pics and video up quickly!!

#200 ·
Wow what an amazing day! The whole BundyHill crew put on one awesome event for us! Didnt see one person all day that wasnt smiles from ear to ear.

The course turned out way harder and better than I was expecting. Was really disapointed in myself for killing my driveshaft halfway thru! Bronco2 was on killer lap when it let go.Stupid drag racer inside me not knowing when to go easy on the throttle!!:sonicjay:

...And dont forget this time Ed.....Even tho I did finish behind Keri I did at least beat Paul!:poke: :sonicjay:

Cant wait to go back with my free pass!!! Thank you sooo much Bundy!

#201 ·
We had a great time! Thanks to the crew at Bundy Hill for putting this on and all their hard work to make this happen. It was a lot of fun runnig the course aside from that dam mud hole (don't remove it for next year). I have hours of cleaning ahead of me. We also enjoyed touring the park on Sunday, lots of cool stuff to play on. We will definity be back. Thanks to John for spotting and to the other competitors for competing. If anyone has pics or videos please post if you can. Thanks Mike :beer::beer:

#203 · (Edited)
Results For the 2011 PTSO.

Saturday's Open Class Results

Place, First run time/Second run time

1st 16:43/11:49 (second run) Mike R. & John R. (Team Unemployed Films)
2nd 20:34/14:24 (second run) Jeremy G. & Rob S. (Team Sami)
3rd DNF/DNF Brandon P. & Ricky L. (Ford Ranger 460)
4th DNF/DNF Chad H. & Rick M. (#56 Red Buggy)

This class held nothing back, and had to deal with carnage, a mud hole from hell, and showed great sportsmanship on Saturday.

Broke an outer shaft on his D60 trying to get out of this mud hole.

#205 ·
A HUGE thanks to the entire Bundy crew that made this event possible, they were very organized and if issues came up they were dealt with quickly and most of all fairly. I will for sure return for 2012, but with better axle shafts as those were my major weak point.

The 4 teams in the open class were an amazing group and I was glad to be a part in the group. There was unbelievable competition on the course and then everyone was kind and courteous off the course. Next year I will have silicone along just in case someone needs it :sonicjay::sonicjay:

Mike - I have 4 sections of video of your first run that I am attempting to stitch together right now, I will post it up when I get finished with it.

Jeremy - I have about 10 sections of your first run that I am working on as well. Seems that being the first competitor paid off in the video coverage, after trying to keep up with you on your run we were gassed and only got a little bit for Mike and after his run we didn't get anything the rest of the day since we were prepping for my run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.