Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

alzheimer's

8K views 97 replies 28 participants last post by  brewmenn 
#1 ·
I have been spending a lot of time with my gf's grandfather who has this disease. Holy shit this is awful. He had a freakout this morning and Gma had to call me over until her son could make it there. This Guy is a Korean war vet and he has nightmares about it and wakes up there. Some days he remembers me, some days he thinks I am one of his old buddies. I always thought cancer was the worst but IMO this tops it. He is in great physical shape but his mind is going. Much respect to the people who deal with this in a family member every day, idk if I could do it.

#63 ·
just leave it guys. I have all his posts in my email but just let it go.

We went to dinner last night with gma and gpa, the old guy is so damn funny and sharp about a lot of things. He cant remember if we ordered, where his hat is or why he hasn't gotten his beer yet but he wants to take me to his ranch in texas to go hunting cause he knows how much i like hunting.

#70 · (Edited)
because whats his nuts came in a thread where we were having a group hug over Alzheimer's and attempted to bring god into it as a way to explain why nuggets mom had a brief period of lucidity before her death. If I say I have something fun in my pants for you to suck would you assume I meant my dick or a blowpop?

#77 ·
Gpa went to the hospital. had a seizure. this is so hard, one minute he is laughing and shooting the shit the next moment he is foaming at the mouth.

#79 ·
Sorry to hear. That is tough to deal with. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to think about this point in time when you are talking about raping somebody's dead mother. Notice the difference between how people treat you when you are having a tough time compared to how you treat them? Just saying......

#88 ·
I made the offer, sounds like fun.
You have a family to provide for. I would have had to deal with making orphans and widows out of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.