Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

BBQ resturants

4K views 69 replies 39 participants last post by  shawn 
#1 ·
So here's the deal. My cousin is coming to visit over the Xmas break. He is from Memphis TN. And he loves BBQ. Last time he was here I took him to slows in Detroit. He said it was horrible and shouldn't be called BBQ.

So I'm looking for a extremely good BBQ joint to take him and his wife to. So where are your favorite places? Thanks!!

#33 ·
Burroughs has some of the most disappointing BBQ I've ever had. I even gave it a second try and it still sucked. Blue Tractor is damn good, Union Woodshop is one of my favorites, and Beale Street in Fenton is a good choice too.

#10 ·
If he didnt like Slows then he has made up his mind that any place the serves BBQ in Michigan isnt going to be good. I have eaten BBQ all over the USA and Slows is as good as just about anywhere. As a matter of fact I am eating BBQ in Tenn as we speak.

He is a doucher, I can tell.

#11 ·
Thanks for the input. I'm not really into BBQ. So I took him where I have been and it was good. Your right he is a bit of a doucher. Nothing is ever good enough for him. But as kids we were really close and I do like to see him when he comes to visit. I think we will end up going out for steaks at Roast.

#22 ·
Not sure where you are located:

Lock-hart in Royal Oak, 1 block off main, was good and had a variety of Smoke (TX) and Sweet (KC) styles. As well as some slaw style.

Bad Brad's (2 locations 23 & Jefferson and 23 & Ryan) also had a variety of sweet, or Carolina vinegar.

I'm partial to my family's Joint for Take out Chicken and Ribs On Saturdays, but they are more into catering and not really a restaurant.

#36 ·
There's a new place in Grosse Pointe called The Noble Pig. It just opened, so I've only been there once. It's a tiny little place with like 3 tables, and no booze. But the sandwich I had was pretty damn good, and the place smelled amazing. Their sodas are good too (non coke/pepsi brand)... some brand that uses real cane sugar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.