Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

bad buyer on gl4x4????

8K views 81 replies 41 participants last post by  Nuggets 
#1 ·
i am currently selling a truck on here for my dad. a persom wants to buy it we shall call him bob. they stike a deal downpayment then weekly payments if any are late he keeps money and no deal UNLESS bob calls ahead both agree.

so bob wants the truck, my father works out a deal with him deposit was to be 200 he only sends 180 and 4 days late. wtf

so this payment (today) is 6 days late and 30 bucks short out of 120(he didnt call and wouldent answer phone) and he lied about when he put it in the mail(post mark says he sent it 3 days after when he said)

today being wed we got a 2nd payment late and the next will be due tommorow (thur)

SO should we call him and say wtf guy deals a deal if you cant stick to it you loose

#13 ·
If Bob does not have the truck then just give him a stern warning. Let him know that if this how things are going to start then you are thinking about keeping the money and calling off the deal.

I have a "buddy" that still owes me $600 for a car he resold a month after "buying" the car from me! I'm pissed. I knew I should have kept the title for the car.

#7 ·
we told him to call if there was a problem that is a basic white man thing to do and part of the agreement i wouldnt even be peeved about it if would have called and not lied about when he sent the cash

#11 ·
Fukc 'em:thumb: People like that tend to lie and deceive more and more as time goes by. Catching him in a lie by postmark is funnay though. Sounds like the ground work of the deal was pretty clear cut. Cut him off now, as he gets deeper into payments it may be harder for you to do so.

#12 ·
To be honest, how much are these short payments costing you?

Let it drag on a while. If he is sending you cash then it continues to add up regardless if it is short or not. Few more times being short cancel the deal. You will have more money for your time and effort.

#14 ·
To be honest, how much are these short payments costing you?

Let it drag on a while. If he is sending you cash then it continues to add up regardless if it is short or not. Few more times being short cancel the deal. You will have more money for your time and effort.
but a few dollars here few dollars there wont pay bills the point of selling the truck was to get cash to button up a few bills

#15 ·
If he cant keep up on his end of the bargain starting with the down payment and then again on the second payment he will not get any better.

He has no money and is a liar.

You should just give him his money back and forget about the deal before he really pisses you/your dad off.

I just did head gaskets for a friend, she gave me $500 and owed $200 and said I would get it Monday( one week later) I said OK.

Two weeks after the due date I text her and say WTF, where is my money.

She responds "Do you really need it now?"

I respond "Yes my dogs need to eat" lol

She brought me my money a few days later and tells me she had this and that bill due and she was off work for a week. Why is it my problem?

Be a man of your word and pay up! Or GTFO!!!!

#17 ·
well they are small weekly payments (his idea) and we said just call if there will be a problem (wouldent answer the calls said he "lost the phone")

and the economy dosent effect the post mark date on a envelope he lied about

a liar is a liar to me and i cand stand that

-we all flame aj and bogginboy for the same thing without mercy liar is a liar

#20 ·
No, we flame them for stealing shit and breaking the law. You're all roadhouse about a deal that you constructed which would enable you to steal the buyer's money and have an excuse to do it. Shit happens on a daily basis in people's lives and they do what they need to do. All this thread does is teach me to never do business with you or your Dad. :sonicjay:

#19 ·
I would just try to keep the line of communication open for sure. Let him know that you are worried that it is becoming a trend with him being late and insufficient. If he gets an attitude or refuses to stay in touch with you, too bad for him. Do you have the arrangements in writing? If so, does it say anything about what you will do if he doesn't hold up his end? I have held a vehicle for someone before from here and it worked out for me. Everything was discussed up front. There were delays, but I knew that may be a possibility up front. I would not do that for just anyone though, he had a flawless and extensive itrader rating.

#21 ·
If he is paying I would honor it, your not out anything but the pain in the ass yet. But I'd mail him a note since he won't pick up the phone.

With the economy your lucky he is even trying to follow through, not that it makes it OK or right, but I would chalk it up to experience and just not make arrangements or sell to the guy again.

#28 ·
no other person with cash in hand- we only wanted to have the quick cash of sale to get some bills paid so we were letting it go for less than its worth to get cash fast.

but i plan to let my dad know to keep with it

#30 ·
I would go to his house and fuck him up LOL

Seriously, very important to have a signed contract and his address and address and phone number of his relatives and his workplace so if you can't reach him you can reach someone who can reach him.

If you know where he lives, I'd suggest going out there with a buddy and paying him a visit to demand money. Does he have the title in his name or your dad's?

#38 ·
The deal was fair. Don't make deals you can't keep.
I had to repo a Scout from a guy.
He was a felon so I wasn't afraid of getting shot.
But I didn't know he had a bow. I'm lucky I didn't take a broadhead through the back window.

#40 ·
If you hold the title and the vehicle you really can't lose. Do him a favor and explain how impoortant communication is on a deal like this and let him have another try. If he screws it up again at least you can say you gave him a chance. At least he is trying to get you paid. He just needs communication guidance.

#41 ·
You have to realize that he agreed to pay about $520 per month for the truck ($120/week). That's a hefty payment for someone that is short on cash.

To date, he has only made payments totalling $390 (180+120+90).
Let him know that if he keeps it up sending late and short payments you will end the deal. Return him any payments he made, minus the $200 deposit.

I don't understand why people keep saying that you are not out anything, or that you are not at a loss. You lost 3 weeks of opportunity in finding another buyer for the truck.

What you end up doing should depend on how much more he owes you for the truck and if you are OK with him sending you only portion of the payments every month. Understand that he is almost a week behind and might not be able to catch up. Maybe give him a "week off" to give him a fresh start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.