Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

WTT: Feeler thread - 97 TJ 5.2L V8

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  matt3liv 
#1 · (Edited)
I just picked this Jeep up a few weeks back, but I'm considering looking for a milder jeep that is more girlfriend-friendly.
<I may have to trade in my man-card for even typing this>

Specs:
97 Jeep TJ 70k miles
Drivetrain: 15k Miles on new Drivetrain
Engine: 5.2L Magnum V-8 from a ’99 Dodge Ram 1500, ODBII compliant Exhaust: Custom ‘Y’ pipe, cat, and S.S. Borla muffler and tail pipe Transmission: Remanufactured NV3500 with Hurst Shifter assembly Transfer Case: NP231HD with SYE bought new from JB Conversions
Front Axle: D30 with Detroit Tru-trac L/S, Warn Manual Hub Conversion and 4.88:1 gears Front Driveshaft: Shortened stock shaft
Rear Axle: Ford 8.8” bought new, disc brakes, 4.88:1 gears and Eaton L/S Rear Driveshaft: Tom Woods custom CV shaft
Radiator: Ron Davis double pass Alum
Power Steering: Stock Ram pump and stock Wrangler box
A/C: Stock Ram compressor
Fan: Dodge Dakota HD Cooling Clutch Fan
Gages: Stock TJ gages with whitefaces Autometer Phantom Water Temp gage
Suspension: Front: Custom long upper arms, Teraflex long lower arms, RE trackbar, 5.5” RE springs, OME Shocks
Rear: Teraflex long lower arms, custom adjustable short upper arms, stock trackbar, 4.5” RE springs OME shocks
Tires/Wheels: 5 – 15x10 Centerline Hellcat wheels 5 – 35x12.50 Super Swamper Truxus STS All-terrain (little over ½ tread on 4, full tread on spare) Interior: Custom 6 point cage Racing seats (mounted to cage) 4 point Corbeau harnesses No back seat
Bumpers: Front: Radius Offroad Mexico Series
Rear: Custom rear with trailer hitch, D-ring mounts and swing away spare tire carrier
Skid Plate/Protection: Custom diff skid on the D30 Kilby gas tank skid Custom 2x4x3/16 rocker gaurds/side steps
Accessories: 2 year old best top Sail Cloth replace a top Uninstalled set of headers for the 5.2L Car Cover Ramsey Pro Plus 8000 Winch up front Set of IPF fog lights up front IPF back up light

Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/greenbrian/Jeep

I drove the TJ from VA to IL with no problems, engine runs like a top. Mileage was better/comparable to any TJ on the highway, with gobs more power.

What I'm looking for: Any year TJ with I6, D44 rear, stock/mild mods + cash. I'd consider even trades, depending on the vehicle.

I'm not desperate to get rid of the jeep, it was done up well. Nick Scribner built it, you can search JU and other forums for details on it. I have/had plans to make it a bit easier to drive for my gf, but with so much going on, getting a milder jeep crossed my mind.

Anyhoo, pm me with any interest.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks for the responses guys.

My gf isn't forcing the sale. I want to be able to throw her the keys and not worry about her being able to drive it. Especially on weekend trips and whatnot.

The V8's torque + 4.88 gears + 5 speed + tall jeep... you get the picture. I'm thinking more along the lines of a TJ with 33's, and automatic (AW4 swap maybe?). Ideal trade - 00-01 stock TJ with D44 rear, maybe slight mods. Obviously others considered :)

I got the jeep for ~$10k, to give you an idea of price range. If I keep it, I'm going to lower 1-2", and put an automatic in it - maybe even a rope ladder for her :bdr2:

#11 ·
Cracking me up over here. Gf said I can't post pics :stan:
she didn't say anything about videos though :naughty:

Yea 84, I do have tentative plans if I keep it, I just don't have a whole lot of time to devote to it, nor do I want to spend loads more coin on it (yea I know, it's a Jeep). I've had my share of project vehicles, and my dad has reserved some of my time for helping out with his new hot rod project. I don't want to have to reserve my next 10 Saturdays for sorting out jeep stuff. Rather spend a few of those wheelin' or whatever.

Yogi, I'd probably sell it for a touch over $10k.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.