Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1000 acre southeastern michigan playground, looking for club to join near Milan Mi

8K views 52 replies 25 participants last post by  Cerveja 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! Located in Milan Michigan and looking for a local club to Join and contribute to. i own 1000 acres of private playground (old stone quarry shut down for 15 years) it has everything from bottomless mud to the steepest climbs, rock crawling trails and lots of water.

i would like to offer my location as an occasional meeting place for the group due to the fact that it is every 4x4 enthusiasts wet dream! ideal for all types of off road fun, even RC toys, all day bbqs and good ol fashion family fun.

anyways if anyone is in the area and would like to refer me to their club i would be very grateful! if there is nothing close by and enough people to start a group that meets on weekends please let me know, im always looking for someone to ride with!

Currently mudding in a 9" lifted 2008 Lariat f150 full four door with 37" Grapplers on deep dish 22's.

Also just picked up a 2013 Maverick 1000R X rs !

thanks everyone!

#4 ·
a meet and greet is not a bad idea! we are currently looking for a professional to take over the entire property and turn it into a professional off road park. anyone interested let me know! [URL="[/URL]

gimme a min ill find an arial view of the property.

#10 ·
The pic with the GTR in it is from a 4x4 Breast Cancer Benefit we held a while back, Oakville boggers were leasing a portion of the property but they have been closed down. we had an extreme 1000$ bounty pit that claimed several drive shafts amongst other random parts lol

thanks bigchevy!

#14 ·
i would be down to have a meet and greet for sure. however i am new to this site and would hate to get all prepared and have nobody show up lol. on the same note this property is very dangerous, so if tons of people showed up it could be bad news for me. waivers will be a must for everyone who enters the gates. there are deadly drop offs on the opposite side of the quarry, that area would be off limits due to its danger, but if someone were break the rules and venture over there it could get ugly.

There would have to be absolutely no alcohol as well. i know thats tough for a lot of people but im not a drinker so i cant relate lol. BUT i do know its possible to have fun without it!

please give me your thoughts on dates and how to go about reaching the proper crowd.

#18 ·
i do not exactly want a huge turnout, i guess my main goal was to find a local club that meets occasionally at diff places so that i could offer up my location as one of the meeting spots.

if i am unable to find this i am however interested in finding someone to take over the entire property for just about anything offroad related and profitable, but this i am not in a rush to do, more like im waiting for the right people to present themselves for that type of situation. otherwise im just looking to join in those preplanned events and contribute in any way i can. just having trouble finding them close to me

#23 ·
A campground style or bed and breakfast off road park would be sweet lol. The possibilities are endless.

Anyways if anyone knows of a good club or even a decently close off road park near Monroe other than bundy hill please let me know! I will also be trying to get a few people to bundy hill this weekend to do some cruising and relaxing, making a little BBQ.

I'm recovering from two spine surgeries went bad so for another few months I'm just a slow cruiser, hill climber and spectator. I only have minutes on the maverick so it still needs some break in time before I go all out with it.

#27 ·
Until someone steps in and takes the proper steps to convert the entire property to park status there is absolutely no fishing, sorry buddy. We are pretty strict about that. Like I said, currently the property is private. Nobody uses it for any riding except my family. We are obviously insured but we still do not want to take the risk of owning a public park. This is why I am not inviting anyone to come play just yet.
I would like to meet an established club before anyone comes to this property. As fun as it might be, its not an open invitation. Property is highly secured with cameras.

#28 ·
Absolutely we are friends, I'm not sure what happened but they did go through the proper Channels to lease a small portion of the property but currently they are not. If it were open to the public in the future you can be 100% sure you'll see oakville bogger stickers all over the vehicles that come in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.