Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

00 2500 ram/bearing warrantees

2K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  95ram 
#1 ·
Does anybody know of a place that still has the 1-year warrantee agreement on wheel bearings?

For example, if you replace your bearing within that year… the 1 year warrantee will renew itself and you have another whole year to replace it.

I thought murrays used to do this but I cant remember for sure.

I have a ram with 13in lift and 42s as my daily driver I cannot keep affording to replace these things at $250-300 a pop

Any help is appreciated

Thanks GL4x4

#2 ·
you cheap bastard. for one dont daily drive on 42s and then bitch about it. for two why are you tearing them up so bad? for three. i bought mine at advance auto with a life time for my 99 for 227 out the door with abs

#3 ·
I guesll ill have to keep shopping around... the few places i called $250-300 was the price range depending on the manufacturer. but ill give advance auto a shout tomorrow.

as of right now this is my only means of transportation

not bitching. just looking for a little help thats all

#8 ·
All parts sold at the dealer are 1 year. Had a dealer only radiator fan relay($70) go bad after 340 days and got a new one free. Good thing I had the receipt. He also said I had another year on the warrantee.

Too bad your part will be crazy expensive from the dealer.

#12 ·
NAPA was the last place I found that was offering some of the good brands with a lifetime warranty. Mopar was selling the exact same parts, but with only a 1-year.

Search Dodge Tech on Pirate and you will find the write-ups on how to use Ford parts to convert the Ram outers to spindles.

They are all over eBay. A lot of people buy from them.

#14 ·
2500. i dont play with that light duty shit if i can help it. at least not till i do a 4bt swap in a single cab half ton.

IIRC... the ford outers on a dodge uses the following...

chevy 60 outer shafts
ford TTB dana 50 spindles (redrilled to the dodge four bolt pattern hub pattern)
ford 60 hubs and bearings
01-02 ram 2500 rear rotors

or depending on your year, you may be able to use a complete ford ball joint 60 outer knuckle assembly including brakes and shafts, but i think the width is different. that way

#17 ·
i need to upgrade as well, i started gathering parts and was all ready to dive into doing the swap when i found that my 87 kingpin ford 60 spindles were too big, got fed up and bought a new advanced auto wheelbearing since they had one in stock and i needed my truck. figures as much, the other side took a poop about a year and 5 days from the other side.

#23 ·
if it helps at all, advanced auto has em for $178 and its lifetime warranty but...... you will have to keep your recipt because there computers only go back 2yrs. take a pic of it and keep it stored away cause the papers junk they print em on. im going to start a file on my computer with photos of recipts so the parts i buy can be replaced. ive bought thousands of dollars of parts and now there not covered:fish:

i really like the ford conversion, im going to try that when mine go bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.