Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

ZJ Steel Bumper. ***SOLD***

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Grifter 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all the Jeep is gone, Before we donated it I pulled the homebuilt Steel bumper off it. Bumper was built by a friend a couple years back. And has taken a decent amount of abuse.

Was mounted to a 97 ZJ with a 96 ZJ front clip. Will fit early zjs best, but with some welding you could fiill the voids under the head lights to fit a 97-98.

It needs a good sand blasting and some tender love and paint care.

It is very heavy.

It mounts up using a Tie in bracket like a XJ that slips inside the unibody frame rail.

You will need to source H2/3 Shackles to make the tow points work. The holes are too close to the body of the bumper to accomodate standard clevis shackles.

Oh yea. located in Downtown Rochester. NE Oakland County. I can and will meet within reason to deliver it for a reasonable offer.

$175 now $110

Dimensions...Bumper is
65.5 inches wide.
17in. from front face to the back of each side piece.
6in tall in the center
4 inches tall at the outer edges and then tapering towards the back.

Each mounting bracket (which are thru welded and include the d ring tabs. are 1/2 inch thick and 8 inches long(measured from the back of the bumper back.).

The brackets measure 32.5 inches apart (outside facing edge to outside facing edge) and each is inset from the side 16 in.

Each bracket is also 3.25 in tall.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Trades, Maybe. Depends on what you got. Really in the process of off-loading a bunch of junk, I dont really need more.

Things I need or am looking for.

Xj 4.5in coils, 8.8 w/ 4.10's, D30 lower control arm brackets and other upgrade stuff, 8.8 xj leaf spring perches, 4.7 liter stroker stuff, Most any jeep upgrades. In need of a 97+ xj AC compressor clutch kit. Edit to add. Front skid for XJ or for that matter any skid for an xj.

Otherwise. Firearms/stuff (think tactical), Kayaks, Camping.

#8 ·
Ok sorry for that, after the head on collision that was the catalyst for getting the bumper made. I bought a bunch of front end/clip stuff from a guy that told me it was coming off a 96. Hence the misprint thanks for the clarity and for the bump. Cheers..

Oh and for clarities sake I just bought a used jcr class 3 xj front and this bumper is only a wee bit heavier then the JCR one. So its not a heavy as I originally thought. I will try to get an actual weight tomorrow.

#11 ·
Sorry I missed the last post somehow.

The bumper was bolted directly too a 97 ZJ using holes in the frame rail. However, the front clip was changed to a 95 set up due to an accident. I can for certain tell you the mounting at the frame will be the same. There might be some alignment issues with the lower lip of the 97 grill.

Otherwise bump...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.