'49 Cj2a *SOLD*

3K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Jeepaholic 
#1 · (Edited)
Will have a L-134
t-90
dana 18
dana 41
dana 25

Seats will need recovered, and some floor ad rocker work if you want it prefect. Looks good though as it is from West Virgina.

Needs a carb ( have a f-head I am trying to trade)
Includes a bunch of new brake parts

$1100 obo (SOLD)

#2 ·
Selling because I found something even sweeter.

Will have a L-134
t-90
dana 18
dana 41
dana 25

Seats will need recovered, and some floor ad rocker work if you want it prefect. Looks good though as it is from West Virgina.

Needs a carb ( have a f-head I am trying to trade)
Includes a bunch of new brake parts

$1100 obo
There were only 104 CJ2A built in 1949 as that was the real first bulk year of the CJ3A. Are you sure it's a '49 2A? If so it may be worth a lot more....

#12 ·
Still 6v with generator and points or has it been updated? What parts are stock and what are replacement? Looks like it's missing the spare tire carrier on the right side. Anything else missing? Still have the vin tag on the dash? Key points if you want this to be restored.

#13 ·
Ok maybe not restored but resto-reliable? 12v starter/ alternator (bubba built brackets). Spare bracket is missing and there is a patch there but the brackets are cheap. Tool box door is MIA, so is most of the stock air filter and oil filter (believe that was optional though).

I just went though the trouble of installing a L-head and I am putting in some gauges (were missing). I just would like it not cut up as it is 90% original.

#17 ·
With the installed L engine, does it run or will it with a carb? Does transfer case and transmission shift? You say gauges are being installed, will all be installed or certain ones? How about a title?

Thx.

#22 ·
How long have you owned Jeep? This one looks like mine which I traded to a guy for some engine work done to another vehicle. It also came from WV - it was a mail car for a coal company. Is there body filler on the step plates (where bottom of fender join together) and some filler on sides of jeep to smooth the dents out? Is there an extra set of engine mounts for a Buick V6? I bought mine in 1967 and traded it in about 2000 - sat inside a garage all that time.

Guy I traded it to lived in Warren, then moved to Kalkaska in about 2002... Don Beisbrook was his name.

Let me know if its the same jeep and I will give you history of it... if interested.

That color sure makes me think it's the same one... mix of red and orange Rusteum

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.