Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

excursion axles vs. super duty axles

27K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  boghog360 
#1 ·
I have been looking for some V10 excursion axles with 4.30 gears to swap out my 3.73's for. I was always under the impression that the super duty and excursion axles were the same. Come to find out the F250 axles have calipers on the opposite sides on the rear. The excursion axles have the calipers both on the backside of the vehicle. I also found out that the Dana 50 had a 10mm hub flange on the 99's and the newere trucks had a 13mm flange. There may be other differences, but these are what I have came up with so far. So now finding some 4.30 axles is going to be a bit tougher.

#26 ·
i just got front and rear gears and master install kits for 500 at reider racing in taylor..

i'm sure someone on here would help you install them. (master certified mechanic)

#27 ·
i just got front and rear gears and master install kits for 500 at reider racing in taylor..

i'm sure someone on here would help you install them. (master certified mechanic)
If that is for a superduty then thats a great price? Everything I have seen for the superduty the gears are about $700 for front and rear, and the install kit are $400 for both axles. I know when I did my 8.8 and D30 it cost me $500 for everything.

#28 · (Edited)
The reason I asked about your axles was, I picked up a "99" F-350, 4x4, crew cab Diesel, on the cheap, it needs a lot of work. In going over this thing I found a real sloppy rear gear set that looks like it was replaced not to long ago, but not set up correctly. I was going to swap out the axle, but now I think I will rebuild my axle, good time to put in a locker. I was just hoping to get this on the road quicker.

I will be getting my gears and bearings if needed from Reider. I have purchased from them many times. They take care of their customers. I had an almost bad experience with them, one of the sales guys was going to stiff me on a locker deal, I was just starting to spool up, when another guy, saw what was going on ( must have been an owner or manager), he steps in, takes over real smooth, pulls a locker from a shipment that was going out to Europe, and sets me up with everything I needed. Then he sets me up with ball caps, shirts, and a few calendars. I told him thanks, and I also told him how he almost lost a customer, and that I was very happy he took care of me.

I am not his biggest customer, but I have spent more than a few thousand with them. I thought I was going to have to go back to Randy's ring and pinion for my supplies. I was going to tell them to cancel a 2K+ cash deal. I know its not huge, but it would of made me feel good to rub his face in it. LOL.
Good luck in finding the axles your looking for.
If you have time, check out the pm I sent you.
Thanks Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.