Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Bombs in Boston

47K views 581 replies 99 participants last post by  cmetzg03 
#1 ·
#99 ·
If it was a ******** I bet someone from dearbornistan knows who did it

#103 ·
<zips up fire suit>

I think what happened today was awful. It stopped me in my tracks for a good 3 hours. I had a thought. How is hating those responsible helping the situation? I'm sure they're used to it. No healthy person would do this. They should be held accountable, that's for sure. But hating them is just Perpetuating the hate that I'm sure they were full of when they came up with the plan to do this.

Hate breeds hate; love breeds love. They should be brought to justice but hating them does nothing but continue that hate inside yourself. Break the cycle.

#104 ·
<zips up fire suit>

Hate breeds hate; love breeds love. They should be brought to justice but hating them does nothing but continue that hate inside yourself. Break the cycle.
So are you suggesting that we bind their hands to their ankles, and put lip stick on the log cutter, and turn them all loose in Gitmo? Let them breed love with one another.

#110 ·
Im good with that. It is techinically love like L4CX mentioned.
Can we still kill them whilst loving them? I get what you're saying but people capable of this are way past needing a hug.
I guess I wasn't specific. :teehee:

I'm not the judge. I just feel, after the initial devastation/anger, that we can have umpteen million laws and they will do nothing unless we pull our heads out of our butts and connect with people. Jmo.

#105 ·
I may get flack for this, but maybe the dick that did this was a guy denied the right to own firearms because the current gun laws did their jobs. Since this person couldn't get guns he went the next best option and built bombs loaded with ball bearings.

Maybe, just maybe, this will refocus the anti gun nuts and super pro gun nuts attention to fixing the mental health system in this country to help identify the nuttos that do this atrocious shit.

Very sad day, I feel bad for the people affected by this tragedy and hope who ever did it is brought to justice fast.

#111 ·
this is sooo screwed up, what does this accomplish for anyone?
is this the start of our society ending up like most cities in the middle east where this happens more often?

Howdy Doodie in the white house better call W and find out how you go after people that do stuff like this, if he tries on his own he will end up hosting them in the Lincoln bedroom.

#113 ·
its pretty easy how you deal with this....if this is some jihad you go drop some bombs. Thats what Reagon did, thats what W did. If countries fear you then they are less likely to mess with you. If you act like a PC lib feel good hippy attitude then people will not fear you and they will act upon it.

#123 ·
What happened today in Boston was horrible. I hope we can find whoever is responsible and bring them to justice.

#126 ·
Sorry to seem cold but stuff like this has been happing in Europe for years and it has finally came over here. The goverment has been so worried about gun control that their securit has become lax. In years past after 9\11 they had bomb sniffing dogs walk the route. What happened this year ? I'm just saying if they took the precautions as in the past they may of found something and postpone the race until everything was cleared

#129 ·
On a different note, you have to qualify for the Boston marathon, how pissed would you be that you didn't finish, I'm sure they are grateful to be alive, but you have to train very hard to run a marathon, this whole situation is just horrible.

#145 ·
As a runner who is currently working on a BQ time (hoping to run it in 2015), that thought crossed my mind too. If you were in sight of the finish line when the explosion went off, you are probably so focused at that point (and also suffering from a slight delirium because of the adrenaline, fatigue of running 26 miles, and dehydration) that not much short of the bomb being in the center of the roadway would likely stop you from continuing to the finish.

#131 · (Edited)
I was interested to see photos from the actual scene, as in the damage done to the buildings and such.

well, FYI, don't try to find those photos, because you will see things you never wanted to see.

Also, I know they are saying a Saudi national is being questioned, I personally think this will end up being a Timothy Mcveigh type of ordeal.

Well organized terrorists are not going to follow up the WTC airplane deal with a couple of small garbage can bombs, unless this is the start of repeated nuisance attacks.

am I the only person who only can focus on the M&M guy giving the double thumbs up from all the photos and videos?

Attachments

#134 ·
Well organized terrorists are not going to follow up the WTC airplane deal with a couple of small garbage can bombs, unless this is the start of repeated nuisance attacks.
I think the psychological terror of that would be far worse. :(

After 911 it seemed like no one wanted to fly or be in big buildings. If shit like this started happening all over the place at random people wouldn't want to leave their houses. And it would be far easier to accomplish.

I hope it comes out to be just some nut job with a grudge. :(

#135 ·
I don't know who I hope is the culprit. As much as I hate to get into the political debate already, I dread hearing that an American planted the bombs. If that's the case you KNOW the mainstream media and anti-gun politicians are gonna spin it to make the bomber into a gun enthusiast and all the other BS that goes with it. No way they'll pass up milking another tragedy for all it's worth.

I guess I hope it was just some crazy middle easterner with a grudge who was working alone. There's already enough animosity toward them that not much will change, if it were just some dude working alone then the threat of more attacks is lower, and thisscenario would give the political agendas minimal fuel.

Who knows. I'm not a crazy conspiracy theorist, but based on some of the speculation I've seen I wouldn't be shocked if it were an inside government job either.....not that we'll ever find out the truth even if that is the case.

#138 ·
I don't know who I hope is the culprit. As much as I hate to get into the political debate already, I dread hearing that an American planted the bombs. If that's the case you KNOW the mainstream media and anti-gun politicians are gonna spin it to make the bomber into a gun enthusiast and all the other BS that goes with it. No way they'll pass up milking another tragedy for all it's worth.

I guess I hope it was just some crazy middle easterner with a grudge who was working alone. There's already enough animosity toward them that not much will change, if it were just some dude working alone then the threat of more attacks is lower, and thisscenario would give the political agendas minimal fuel.

Who knows. I'm not a crazy conspiracy theorist, but based on some of the speculation I've seen I wouldn't be shocked if it were an inside government job either.....not that we'll ever find out the truth even if that is the case
I never was a crazy conspiracy theorist, but our recent government has lost my trust and attempted to erode our nation in such a way that I no longer rule out the killing of innocent people to further one crazy ass bastards agenda.

#136 ·
I find my self reading this thread, adding people's posts to quote, then having nothing to say.....

Until there are some identified suspects in this mess and some thought as to who the fuck is sick enough to have done this I can not come up with anything to say.....

This shit makes me sick.

#137 ·
They announced last night that the cell phone service was never cut off. However, the police were asking people to shut them down to avoid an accidental explosion.

I'm afraid it may be the beginning of nusiance bombs like in Europe & the Middle East.

I do not believe it is a government conspiracy.

#139 ·
They announced last night that the cell phone service was never cut off. However, the police were asking people to shut them down to avoid an accidental explosion.
Really? I watched the press conference where they announced they indeed shut down cell phone service to prevent other bombs from going off if they were triggered via cell phones.

20 minutes later they reported that Verizon, AT&T and Sprint all denied shutting down the cell phone towers.

That led me to believe the government had the ability to shut them down whenever they want....

Police sound pretty silly if they thought randoms shutting down cell phones would stop phone bombs from going off.

#143 ·
I hope good can come come from this in bringing all Americans closer together. No immediate justice can come from finding those involved. Justice can only come from being a strong people by making the lazy productive and the ignorant knowledgeable.
So we can kill any evil that attempts to prevent it.

#153 ·
It would really be something to see this kind of tragedy bring us together as Americans but the smoke had barely cleared and you get the liberal media starting thier blame game. I had heard one guy telling his side of it, saying they're not sure but you can't rule out that it could be some rightwing extremist group and continued talking then said it 2 more times. I 'd say he was trying to drive home the point that the attack was from some radical rightwing group.:confused:
BO could not and will not do anything to bring unity the the citizens of this nation. His job is to divide, that is what he is doing and has done from day 1. :(

#149 ·
This...

I feel this is the beginning of jihad on American soil in earnest and we're going to start seeing a lot more of these European/Israel style bombing attacks. I might start getting suspicious if all of the blame starts getting thrown on "right wing extremists" or the Tea Party.

The fact that the Government has plans that will enable a complete shut down of cell phone service without the carrier's participating doesn't surprise me at all. We had vehicle mounted and backpack systems that could actively jam all cell/radio signals when we were in Iraq in 2009. All it takes is for one of the vehicle mounted systems to park near a cell tower and that whole area goes dark.

#155 ·
The flaw in your logic is that you can't "nuke terrorists" just the same as you can't burn a house down to get rid of a rodent problem.

Sure, there is no doubt in my mind that we have enough nuclear weapons around to remove every single middle eastern country from existence. But we would kill millions upon millions of innocent people that are just as much a victim of their whackos and governments as we are of ours...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.