Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Deulings' dune runner K5

129K views 716 replies 81 participants last post by  Alex456123 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all. New here. Been over on CK5 for a few years. Thought I would see if I can get to know some more local wheelers, and more importantly find parts that arent all out in CALI lol :thumb:

Heres my 85 K5, Put a 408 SBC in 2 summers ago. Prolly 3k miles on it now.

Last summer had a 700r4 Built by the best local guy around, also put a transgo stage 2 reprogramming kit. I love how crisp it shifts now, and I put the biggest cooler I could find with an electric fan pulling air.

Also has a 2500 RPM Hughes Lock up converter.

I play in the sand, bout it, some mild two tracking here and there, no mud.

The day after I bought it.

Build party with a guy from CK5, Kert from DIY4x was there and well after much liquid persuasion from the guys..... I got me some new stickers :sonicjay:

Then the motor started knocking, so I talked around and had a guy start building me a 400 he had laying around.

Free shorties I cleaned up in my bosses blast cabinet.

Scored 2.5" mandral exhaust from an exhaust shop for $80. Also painted the headers.

Got a new top, other one had busted windows.

All sanded down

All Primed and Painted

Engine Time

My Buddy helped and so did my lady.

Junk

Finally Got pics of the motor

See less See more
#40 ·
Nice build. Always love a K5.

Stick with the Foxes, You will have a easier time finiding parts for them and they have been around and proven. I have foxes all the way around on my truck and I only hit them with nitrogen once a year, but it doesn't hurt to check them a few times a year.

Where are you planning on getting them from? Some places will custom valve them for no additional charge.

#42 ·
I have no idea, was just planning offline. I believe profender is a pretty good sized company. I've heard some good reviews on there stuff. The bump stops have a much bigger body than the foxes and a side by side comparison looked like they were the better choice.... Not sure though.

I'd like to find a set of used for cheaper because I plan on calving and dialing them in as I test them, so brand new isn't necessary, just gets nice shiny new parts :D

yes, I have an idea...

I'm on CK5 too, that's why I was giving him sh!t LOL
I'll admit I am a whore and have a problem most likely lol:finger:

#61 ·
Yah. A 20" light bar will be $320... A 30" is $375...

But I can build the bumper and buy the lightbar at a later time.

The bumpers I can build for free, just gas and welding wire.

I also just Ordered my Off Road Design Custom leaf springs yesterday.

4 weeks!!! :nana:

#63 ·
No, cuz I cant mount shocks and bumps until I take the spring packs apart and cycle them... Sucks. I can have everything decently ready. But I wont make it there in this.

Ill ride with my buddies though and have my quad. Hit me up if your gonna be up opening weekend!!!

And yah they design springs and have a local shop make them. They asked me like every detail, what motor, bumpers, number of batteries, axles, tires, cage etc..
Anything that has weight they work into making a perfect spring. My 4" springs will have 11" of totall travel. Pretty bitchin.

#66 ·
Got the shackle flip done. Started at 3:30am. Got done at 6 am. Looked outside and sun was starting to come up. So we said eff it lol. We will nap at noon lol.

It's 6" shackles that I got with the flip. I think drilling them to 4" will make the angle perfect and drop me down a little bit.

I gained 6.5" in the rear how it sits.

Mr.clean with the air hammer. You guys are nuts. Tool twenty min with a sharp air hammer bit to get the rivets cut and brackets out

Ratchet straps to hold the axle.

6" shackle is too long. I knew this going in anyways. No biggie.

Front is not lifted but we picked it up even with the rear.

Front won't go down any more as the shocks are maxed out lol.

I'm 6'2" FYI.

#73 ·
Fock!!!

I need to go crossover.

Whose got any parts that doesn't want a small fortune. Didn't plan this in my budge but the push/pull won't work with my shocks and where they need to be mounted.

Also the drag links would be max we out at full bump and droop with push pull, so might as well do it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.