Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Wii people. Games to Buy?

2K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  IPLUMB 
#1 ·
I've had my Wii almost a week. I've been playing it over 2 hours a day, which is quite a bit considering I'm not a big video game fan. I need to figure out which games to buy, and which ones to rent. I've already downloaded a shitload of old NES and Sega games. Super Mario, Sonic, etc.

I've rented.

ExciteTruck- Good game. I'm buying this one.
AMF Bowling- Sucks big time. I've played better 15 years ago.
Mario Party8- Not for me, but the kids dig it. I'll buy this one too.

We played ExciteTruck for over 5 hours today. Almost have it beat, but it's worth buying because it's fun.

#2 ·
guitar hero, unless you already have it for another system

#3 ·
quoted as proof you are a ****.

the only games i like so far on the wii are the old school nintendo games. love me some legend of zelda.

#11 ·
if you like golf, the tiger woods golf game is supposedly more of a sim, than an actual game (quoting the kid at game stop, as I haven't played it)

I mostly play the wii play/sports games with/against the kids.

my oldest loves the mlb baseball game, but he is also a baseball fanatic.

#16 ·
I like the Wii fit so far (we've had it about a week.) It has several different things to do and makes it easy for me to get off my arse and do something. Not sure I"d call it a true work out, but it's better than nothing IMO.

It has several balance games on it which are great for our six year old. One of the things he needs to continue to work on for fine motor development for school stuff (like writing, etc.) is his overall coordination. The balance games work perfect for that.

CC has also mentioned that the snowboarding game for Wii is fun and requires the board that comes with Wii fit.

We have Wii Play that we got as a gift and I guess is okay for the additional remote. We haven't used it much, I guess the games get better as you can unlock them. I wouldn't know.

We also have Big Game Hunter, and Chris doesn't really like it. Not sure why other than it doesn't let him run where he thinks he should be able to??? Dunno.

#19 ·
Wait until the Guitar Hero Metallica comes out March 29.

The list:

* All Nightmare Long
* Battery
* Creeping Death
* Disposable Heroes
* Dyers Eve
* Enter Sandman
* Fade To Black
* Fight Fire With Fire
* For Whom The Bell Tolls
* Frantic
* Fuel
* Hit The Lights
* King Nothing
* Master of Puppets
* Mercyful Fate (Medley)
* No Leaf Clover
* Nothing Else Matters
* One
* Orion
* Sad But True
* Seek And Destroy
* The Memory Remains
* The Shortest Straw
* The Thing That Should Not Be
* The Unforgiven
* Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
* Wherever I May Roam
* Whiplash

Other artists:

* ALICE IN CHAINS - No Excuses
* BOB SEGER - Turn The Page
* CORROSION OF CONFORMITY - Albatross
* DIAMOND HEAD - Am I Evil?
* FOO FIGHTERS - Stacked Actors
* JUDAS PRIEST - Hell Bent For Leather
* KYUSS - Demon Cleaner
* LYNYRD SKYNYRD - Tuesdays Gone
* MACHINE HEAD - Beautiful Mourning
* MASTODON - Blood And Thunder
* MERCYFUL FATE - Evil
* MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP - Armed and Ready
* MOTÖRHEAD - Ace of Spades
* QUEEN - Stone Cold Crazy
* SAMHAIN - Mother of Mercy
* SLAYER - War Ensemble
* SOCIAL DISTORTION - Mommy's Little Monster
* SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - War Inside My Head
* SYSTEM OF A DOWN - Toxicity
* THE SWORD - Black River
* THIN LIZZY - The Boys Are Back in Town

#20 ·
shawn white snow boarding is badass. it works with the fit but isn't needed to play the game. my 5 year old kicks my ass when i use the board and he is using the remote. your thighs will burn using the board. not a workout but still better than sitting on your ass. i would reccomend any sports games.

#21 ·
Tiger Woods is more realistic than Wii Sports. For bowling, check out Brunswick. It senses spin, lane oil, everything.

For just pure fun, we like Mario Kart and can race my brother back in PA over the internet.

Another kickass game is Links Crossbow Trainer. It comes with the $25 rifle an it pretty badass arcade style shooting game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.