Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

18.5'x8' Car Hauler -SOLD-

3K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  sonic 
#1 · (Edited)
I have an 18.5' long trailer that's a full 8' wide for sale, I picked it up about a month ago from a guy on here, it's a good trailer but I found one I like a lot better, i've hauled my 3.5 ton tractor with it and as you can see from the pics my buddy's truck, 11" lift with 40" groundhawgs. The traler weights in at 2400 lbs, and my 96 1/2 ton pulls it free/loaded with out any problems. one axle does have electric braks but they're not hooked up, as far as I know they work but you never know. 2 5/16 ball

The traile started out as a mobile home frame, but the previous owner beefed it up right, the best mod he did was add a 8 ft long piece of rectangle tube along the bottom lenght of the frame, it really helps strengtch the entire thing and keeps it from over flexing with heavy loads. it's in pretty good shape, it needs some TLC for cosmetics but nothing is rotted through and it holds 7,000 lbs without any trouble and it tows pretty well down the rd.

all the lights are hooked up but two of them are out, due to burnt out bulbs, I just got a permanint plate put on it, but i'm not sure if it goes with the trailer if it'll still be good or not, i'll have to find out tomorrow wne the SOS is open. right now it's an open middle with diamond plate on the sides for the tires- sorry these are the only pics I have right now, will get more tomorrow or so

$800 OBO- shoot me an offer, trade for a 3/4 ton truck/surburban or a toy (as in 4x4 quad) No cars, audio/paintball equipment, nothing of that sort. Will also trade for a set of 16/17/18" rims, chevy 6-lug, partial trade

See less See more
#4 ·
the axles are about 7 1/2' wide and the floor is diamond plate welded on to the frame, the center could be closed in pretty easily, but since I found another trailer I don't feel like taking the time to do work on this one :thumb:

#7 ·
how high it sit? ummm don't know for sure but it's about 3 ft off the ground, the tires are ok, they could be replaced, they work just fine for now though

the ramps come with it, they swivel on a bar, they don't stow in the trailer, they just rotate up and sit at an angle, they get kinda pinched in so they don't flop down while traveling, i towed it up from bay city on the freeway and never had any issues

#27 ·
So his story about you showing up and offering him more than its worth was a lie too. I dont buy it! I got screwed over and theres nothing I can do about it but say that it was a crappy and childish way of doing business. He agreed and I tried to make plans all last week to come get it and he blew me off to sell it to you instead. Im sure you guys are personal friends and he just said screw that guy Ide rather sell it to you...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.