Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Please help, tractor clutch issue

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Kodiak450r 
#1 ·
I know this isn't technically a 4x4 passenger vehicle related question but I was hoping someone might be able to help give me some insight on a tractor question (no answers in tractor forums). I have a 1983 White Iseki 2-35 Field boss tractor w/ 3 cyl Isuzu diesel engine, live PTO, 2 stage clutch etc. The problem I'm having is in low range. The tractor runs/shifts ok in high range but when I switch it over to low range it barely moves. There are no abnormal noises from the engine or trans. The engine will rev up but it feels like a clutch slip. Everything I could find for tractors online has stated the opposite for a clutch slip with the clutch slipping in high range but ok in low range. The clutch pedal free play is about 2-3 inches which is a little higher than normal. Any thoughts? This is my first experience with a tractor with this clutch design. I was thinking high and low range use the same clutch disc? Thank you.

#2 ·
my neighbor has almost that exact same tractor. it has 3 speeds in the main trans, 3 ranges in auxiliary mode, and a creeper box with 2 ranges. last time he let me use it i found that in creep the speed is so slow it don't matter how high you rev it or what gear the main trans is in your not going to move very fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.