Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

not the average mini bike or go kart

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Strangler 
#1 ·
well a buddy and i were jokin around one day and said lets drop a sled engine in a gokart or mini bike. and i got the mini bike frame but had no motor. so i scrapped the frame but yesterday picked up a sled motor out of an articcat. so i think im guna reserect the idea of a balls to the walls mini bike. i was told the motor puts out around 80 horse. so on a mini bike the thing should absolutly be insane. i can build the frame or if some one has a gokart frame they wana part with id go that route.

#2 ·
I have a go cart that I built up a few years ago from a Honda Odyssey Go-cart frame... Not sure what I am going to do with it (have been thinking of putting a bigger engine on it or scrapping the metal). I stripped it down after I bent the rear axle (Got a little too much air :sonicjay:). It is a one seater (narrow frame).

Not sure if I am ready to part with it yet or not, let me know if it sounds like the size you are looking for...

#3 ·
Here are few pic's of my son's mini rail. I installed an Arctic Cat 440 with electric start and screaming eagle pipes. Runs good but it is a touch loud. Going to see if we can quiet it down with out loosing performance. I have not let him take it out and hammer on it yet, we need to put a rack and pinion steering gear in it. Right now it's just too squirrelly for him. It will lift the front end and do some awsome hole shots though. :naughty:

#5 ·
That motor doesn't need an expansion chamber. Kinda like a 2 cycle weed whacker, chainsaw, etc. The expansion chamber creates a sonic boom that cause backpressure to keep the fuel/air in the combustion chamber. On older 2 cycles the piston skirt was designed to keep the fuel/air in....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.