Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Time to winterize?

4K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Padilen 
#1 ·
When do you take your boat/jetski or whatever engine powered watercraft you have to get winterized?

I took one in yesterday and I have two more to go. Even with a wetsuit I'm not brave enought to go out on a lake in this cold. :(

#9 ·
jetski's are very easy to do. Just youtube it. Most just need a funnel and some rv antifreeze. You pour into where you hook your garden hose up to and keep filling until it pours out the bottom of the jetski. Boats are harder to do and I just get ours professionally done and shrink wrapped at the same time.

#12 ·
Wow you guys spend a lot of money for nothing. I dry start my jet skis & rev them till water stops coming out. Pull the battery & done. Sometimes I fog it, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I pull the plug & put oil in the cylinder, sometimes I don't. I've never had a problem. I always run Stabil into the gas.
My inboard is almost as simple. Drain the block, water pump & exhaust manifolds. Pull the thermostat & dump some rv antifreeze in till it starts to drain out the block drains. Pull the battery & done.

#16 ·
I winterized my fishing boat.

Took the outboard motor off and carried it to the basement. :thumb:

I told my wife that I'm going to do the other two jetskis myself. I got yelled at that I spent so much money to winterize the other one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.