Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Anybody have a Edenpure Heater

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  jeepfreak81 
#1 ·
Thinking about buying a Edenpure Heater. Just looking for some info on them. Weather they are any good or not.
Thanks

#2 ·
My uncle uses fuel oil and his bills were like $800 a month (crazy). He bought a Edenpure heater and now his fuel oil bills are like $300 a month. Of course his electric bills went up but no where near that much.

#3 ·
I don't have an Edenpure, but I do know that it is no more efficient than a 20$ 1500W electric heater.

#4 ·
I have one and unless you want a somewhat cheap fix I would not buy one.

If you have a room that is colder than others and don't want to fix it right then it might be for you.

There are mixed reviews online about them. Mine has lasted over 5 years, some others have lasted a year or less.

#10 ·
If you throw the heater in your living room and expect to save money you wont be happy. Now if your a miser like a friend of mine and all but shut down your heat and warm one room you might save $$$. I worry his pipes might freeze in mid winter but he does use less propane.

Now this isnt how most want to live so the odds of saving tons of money are slim. Now if you want a safe nice looking heater for a cooler basement or rec room they work well.

#12 ·
My edenpure story...I have a 1998 1240 sq foot manufactured home,no wind block wide open all 4 sides, yes my elec bill went up about $50.00 a month, alot easyer than paying for a propane fill. My furnace has ran maybe 5 times in the last 2 winters. I give it two thumbs up!! we even downsized our propane tank from 500 to 330 gal tank just don't use as much anymore even with gas h2o heater and gas stove,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.