Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

99 cummins

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  boggin-machine 
#1 ·
drive starts and runs just fine. go to shut it off and the truck stays running. once and a while it will shut off (or atleast it did a few times) a few times in neutral. now it wont shut off at all.

i also have put a new ignition switch in it with no difference. worked once and then back to the same old shit. took it out and put the old one back in. to shut the truck down i have to pop the hood and pull a fuse.

what could it be?

#4 ·
My 01 Cummins had the same problem the day I sold it. It was shorted out somewhere between the engine fuse and the programmer. I unplugged the qaudzilla from the fuse and it worked fine. I never found out exactly what it was because the kid bought it.

#6 ·
figured it out. theres a sensor that the wiring goes into on the drivers side of the engine. the terminals werent gettting a good ground. took the pig tail off. cleaned up the male ends on the sensor. cut the female ends off the pig tail and put new ones on. plugged it back in and works fine for the time being.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.