Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

81 wagoneer diesel 4x4 4 speed

4K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  boghog360 
#1 · (Edited)
anybody interested in an 81 wagoneer with the nissan sd33 diesel, 4x4, 4 speed. 90,000 miles with a/c? a little rusty, runs and drives, but its been sitting a few years so it will need some work. bodys rusty- good doors fenders ok, and good glass. $1,200 obo 248-242-0650
please read the rest of the posts for more info

#5 · (Edited)
just a feeler-anybody interested in an 81 wagoneer with the nissan sd33 diesel, 4x4, 4 speed. 90,000 miles with a/c? a little rusty, runs and drives, but its been sitting a few years so it will need some work. bodys rusty- good doors fenders ok, and good glass. 248-242-0650
He's asking 1200 or best offer. Its at my place. I will try to get him to put up pics today. I got it running and charging, got it up to running temp. and the temp guage wont work. I drove it around my yard and down my short road. II was surprised at the amount of pull it had for being a N/A SD33. The brakes are not working, so driving with all of the gears is not possible. The drive train is a diesel as stated, mated to a T-19 trans, np208 t-case. Drivers side drop. The T-19 has the Texas pattern on the back that was originally used on the International trucks. There must be an adapter that converts it over to the np-208. Rear axle is an AMC-20, with the front being a 44. I have not checked the ratio's, if its needed I will. This Waggy was (so I was informed) shipped to Nissan, in Japan, with 4 other ones. Then it was shipped back to manufacturer for testing of new drive train for possible production. When they got back the project was put on hold. All 5 of the Waggy's were sold to the same guy. You can see where the vin has been removed and an "assembled" vin. number was attached to the lower "B" post. The seller wants the front core support and hood.
He should of put this in the vehicle part out section. I am trying to get in touch with him to see if he still needs these parts, or if he wants to just sell the whole thing.
Engine trans and t-case 1200, if I have to pull. If you take the rolling shell with engine in frame, 1100. Double benefit if you take rolling chassis, sell axles and scrap shell.
Doors are gone
View attachment 61863

View attachment 61864

View attachment 61865

#31 ·
The drive train is a diesel as stated, mated to a T-19 trans, np208 t-case. Drivers side drop. The T-19 has the Texas pattern on the back that was originally used on the International trucks. There must be an adapter that converts it over to the np-208.
Just an FYI for people thinking of doing something with this drivetrain...

If that driveline is the Scout configuration, it may have the Scout oil pan on it as well. If it does, the adapter and 208J could be dropped in favor of a 1980 Scout Dana 300 and a PSD front axle (74-79 Wagoneer D44 front).

#6 ·
yup

boghog had most of the info dead on. a few more things about it though-after the waggys were shipped back to the us they were all sold to one guy-in livonia. a friend of mine bought the one that is i'm now selling around 15 years ago, when it had around 30,000 miles. he used it as a daily driver until it had 80,000 miles on it. he parked it when the rear window crank stripped out and he could no longer open the rear gate. it was going to be a drivetrain donor for a cj-5, but its going to be a bit larger of a project than boghog and i had anticipated, so its up for sale. i will be swapping out the hood and core support, but will be replacing them with a hood and core support i already have. asking $1,200 obo

#10 ·
boghog had most of the info dead on. a few more things about it though-after the waggys were shipped back to the us they were all sold to one guy-in livonia. a friend of mine bought the one that is i'm now selling around 15 years ago, when it had around 30,000 miles. he used it as a daily driver until it had 80,000 miles on it. he parked it when the rear window crank stripped out and he could no longer open the rear gate. it was going to be a drivetrain donor for a cj-5, but its going to be a bit larger of a project than boghog and i had anticipated, so its up for sale. i will be swapping out the hood and core support, but will be replacing them with a hood and core support i already have. asking $1,200 obo
I take it you aren't going to use that 258 boghog got from me?

#35 ·
The SD-33 driveline I recently sold had both oil pans included (1x1_Speed_Craig bought the Scout pan for use in the CJ). Unfortunately, I don't think I'd be able to spot it on sight from a picture since it was on the motor when I sold it and I didn't look at it from underneath much (though he might be able to spot it). The DSD oil pan had a very square appearance.

That adapter sounds like an interesting alternative to some of the expensive aftermarket kits that will take you from Texas to NP, though. If you spot a part number on it, let us know. Some of the Scout suppliers may have them.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.