Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Could use some prayers for a classmate of my oldest tonight

3K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  Silver Bullet 
#1 ·
Some of you Fenton area folks may already know about it.

Classmate, and team mate in multiple sports of my oldest son for a few years now needs some prayers for those of you so inclined. (middle school aged)

#12 ·
http://www.sharpfuneralhomes.com/obituary/Jackson-Barry-GANGWER/Fenton-MI/1197629

A bit shaken up still. Classmate, friend, team-mate of my oldest and a genuinely great kid, good student, good multi-sport athlete.

I was away all day on a field trip with my 4th grader trying to pretend that nothing happened since most of them didn't know anything.

Casey thanks to you and your colleagues for your efforts. I don't know how to process it, let alone how you guys do so and remain professional doing your job.

I haven't wanted a drink so bad in a very long time

#16 ·
http://www.sharpfuneralhomes.com/obituary/Jackson-Barry-GANGWER/Fenton-MI/1197629

A bit shaken up still. Classmate, friend, team-mate of my oldest and a genuinely great kid, good student, good multi-sport athlete.

I was away all day on a field trip with my 4th grader trying to pretend that nothing happened since most of them didn't know anything.

Casey thanks to you and your colleagues for your efforts. I don't know how to process it, let alone how you guys do so and remain professional doing your job.
I haven't wanted a drink so bad in a very long time
x2, to any of these guys. Turns out this was my cousin's, husband's, cousin. Very sad indeed.

#22 ·
I dont come on here much anymore but My prayers to the family and friends of the young man that was lost.

If I may say one thing as it might help others when my nephew died at the age of 14,there were a lot of kids/young adults that never experienced the loss of a friend or loved one and with it being some one of there own age it makes it that much harder.

The youth pastor that was part of my nephews church pulled all these younger people in a room (per my request as I didn't have it in me to talk) and he used the tragic loss as a window of opportunity to let everyone young and old that in life, things happen for a reason we dont always know but while on this earth you can travel left or travel right(not political) but in your heart you know what is the correct direction to travel and make the best of what life hands you.

So when you look forward just remember what way should I go? let your heart do the driving and god will be there next to you.

Again so sorry to hear of the loss My prayers go out to all effected by this tragic loss

#25 ·
the family, friends and community mostly know. most of this community also knows that at this point in time it's not really important what happened.

tomorrow we bury him, rather than seeing him on the practice field, or looking forward to seeing him in class Monday, etc., etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.