Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

R&V New Trail

5K views 48 replies 28 participants last post by  SizeMatters 
#1 · (Edited)
Snapped a few pics of a section of the new "Hump" trail Ron is creating for us out at Rocks and Valleys-

Apparently Bill was out on the trail earlier using it for its originally intended purpose....

"Ah yes, the sweet smell of fresh snapper. Can't resist it. Thanks Jill!"

See less See more
#20 ·
yes we were! close to 2 hours or better by the time everyone ended up getting out, the second wrangler through after the smaller cherokee ended up busting of all of the bolts on the rear axle at the hub on his full floater and had to go the rest of it in pretty much 2 wheel drive because of the open front diff. Cool trail, I'm glad I didn't bring my jeep along, I had a better strataEy, ride along and let them bust their stuff!

#21 ·
The trail is awesome! Probably my favorite at R&V. I was also in that group, watching my buddy in the small XJ was quite entertaining, he had to beat on it hard to get it through there and he payed the price with quite a bit of damage. I highly suggest staying off that trail if you dont have a winch, mine saved my buddys jeeps multiple times.

#23 ·
Yeah...38's and lockers to make it half way comfortably. My jeep was running piss poor after about the first half hour of the day, it sounded like a 14 horse Briggs v-twin running on one cylinder. Good times, I can deal with shearing the bolts off the rear end, I'm just glad there was a bypass not too far ahead.

#25 ·
Wow Ron, that sucks. It's one thing if things get pushed around as rigs struggle. It's totally another if people move things just to get through.

Either go over it or around it. But don't move it!:thumb:

Once again, thanks for all your hard work. Now, if you would just do the one thing I keep asking for.:poke::sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.