Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Beaterk5's sas project

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  beaterk5 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I just picked this up. It's a 96 Tahoe it has air bags on all 4 corners. The entire susp needs re worked so I'm going to throw it up on some leafs for now. later down the road if I keep it maybe a link'd susp front and rear.

Right now what's planed is ord spring hanger kit and 8" springs up front. Out back I'm thinking a shackle flip with an add a leaf and a 4" block. After the susp and steering are done ill move on to putting a motor in it. Luckily the p.o didn't cut any wires when he pulled it so I can drop in another Vortec motor and run the 4l60e trans and push button t-case. For gears I'm planing 456's with 6 lug outers on a 44 and a sf 14 bolt rear, with a 37-39" tire.

What'cha all think?

And some pics

See less See more
#6 ·
Lol ya I'm aiming for the same height just a completely different suspension lol. It's aprox 10" of height gain right now I'm going for 11-12" in the front and about 10 in the rear. The best part will be i can take every one wheeling. plus you don't see very many tahoes lifted much less solid axle swaped

#7 · (Edited)
Lol ya I'm aiming for the same height just a completely different suspension lol. It's aprox 10" of height gain right now I'm going for 11-12" in the front and about 10 in the rear. The best part will be i can take every one wheeling. plus you don't see very many tahoes lifted much less solid axle swaped

Check out my " 2 link mount" I mean swing arm

And just for kicks my fleet including the 84 if this one goes well I may do the blue 94 too just a lil smaller though

#12 ·
Sounds like what my 94 has. a 3" body and 35's. and thanks on the gun ive wanted it for a bit of time now.

also have some bad news on the Tahoe.Its frames out by about 1-1/2" so it's getting parted out.so time to tear apart a perfectly good truck that just needs a rear end

97 Chevy z71 Vortec 350, true duals with flows, hypertech, k&n filter, trick flow t.b. spacer. hopefully by spring ill have a 6 lug sas with a 77 ford 44 and factory 10 bolt may try and find a sf 14 for it but that can always be changed later.

Already have the front axle a set of 6 lug outers, ord shackle flip and 6.5" super shackle are on there way. going to also put in a 4" block and ord 0 rate add a leaf to net 10" of lift rear. Front is yet to come but going to be ord sas kit, 8" 73-87 front spring. Along with the ord cross over steering set up an a ried racing/ dedinbear flat top knuckle. After that all that will be left will be to figure out shock length and mounting, and figure out length for a set of 81-87 ext brake lines. since I will be using calipers from that year truck should be a blot on and go there. Hopeing to be out of this for under 3000 including truck purchase price. Minus wheels tires and gears i feel it should be very do-able.

The truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.