Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Trail closure and land use petition

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MiNi Beast 
#1 ·
A Message to All Recreational Trail Users

If you want to preserve access to trails, you need to act today! In the Keweenaw, trails are being blocked. For example, one landowner repeatedly blocks the trail and another has had barriers in place for over two years and the State is reluctant to remove the barriers. A case is currently pending in the courts, yet the State is reluctant to act on this litigation. If these are not resolved, it will set a precedent that landowners can successfully block trails owned and managed by the state and will affect the entire network of trails across the State, and soon there will be no trails. Call, write, and email your local representatives and the people on this list and insist that the state take swift, aggressive action.

Rebecca Humphries, Director, MDNR
P.O. Box 30028
Lansing, MI 48909
(517) 373-2329
humphrir@michigan.gov

Kirk Steudle, Director, MDOT
425 W. Ottawa St. B 450
Lansing, MI 48933
(517) 373-2114
mdotdirector@michigan.gov

Governor Jennifer Granholm
P.O. Box 30013 Lansing, MI 48909
(517) 373-3400
Visit www.michigan.gov to send an e-mail

You can locate the contact information for your local representatives at:
www.house.michigan.gov/replist.asp or
www.infomi.com/statesenate.html

If you know of any other trails that are blocked across the State, or want to become more involved in helping to resolve this issue and protect our State’s trails, contact Neil Marietta at (906) 482-7921.

Please print and circulate the above petition and acquire as many signatures as soon as possible and mail to the address on the top of the petition. If you would like paper copies of the petition contact Neil Marietta at (906) 482-7921. Thank you for your support.

Save the picture print it off get it signed and return them to the address on top. This is a very serious issue that directly screws you over and the future of all recreation in this state.

See less See more
#4 ·
Motor Slut,

If you could get this to be an online petition, I will garuntee that you would be able to get more signatures then just posting a picture of a petition forum.

In previous petitions I have seen on this site, I have passed them along to other sites gaining several, perhaps many signatures from folks all over the US / Canada. Of course this becomes a challenge to replicate when they have to sign it in person.

just my thoughts...

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.