Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

ZF parking bake assymbly

8K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  fsumotorhead 
#1 ·
Anyone know of a place to pick one of these up at?

They are going for $1800 at the stealership. I've found on down in florida for $800 with $100 shipping.

Any leads would be greatly appricated! :woot:

#3 ·
do you want the pinion break? They're only found on F450-550 applications. Try some heavy equipment junkyards

#8 ·
any F250 and F350 99 and later came with a ZF6... I don't know if they shared the same housing or tailhousing... I'm even questioning that a F250 or F350 came with a pinion/tailhousing brake... maybe on the cab @ chassis models or something, but I doubt it.

In any case, you'de have better luck looking a heavy equipment yard... there are a few around.

#9 ·
your not extremely specific, but I'm gussing what your looking for is for the 87-97 F-superduty's. They bolt onto the back of a 4wd tranny.

#11 ·
How am I not being specific? I need the parking brake assymbly that connects on the back of a ZF5 transmission. To be safe it would be from 1994-1995 model for the ZF5 but the later model ZF6 one can be adapted. The 1988 - 1993 model won't work because of the mechanical speedometer input, I have an electric speedo so mine doesn't have the hole that the mech speedo would go in. And it's for the 2WD ZF5

#20 ·
I'm pretty sure I have the sterling 10.25 with the VSS and I know ABS. That's why I needed a newer brake. I didn't know what the VSS meant but I knew the speedo had something to do with the rear axle. :thumb: thanks for clearing it up :woot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.