Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Coleman Power Chill COOLER (12V)

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  84Chevy 
#1 ·
Coleman Power Chill COOLER
Any buddy use one of these ?
Its a 40 qrt. cooler 12v

Its not real big ,just want it more for the trail and in the van for traveling.

My wife picked it up at Meijers for $52.00 reg.$86.00 I'm kind of skeptical ...................

Thanks Jeff

#9 ·
They only keep things about 30 degrees cooler then the outside air. So if it's 60 out you are correct, but if it's 80 it will be about 50 inside. I used to have one in the truck with me they work fine for about a month or 2 being used every day! After that it kept things cool, but not cold at all! they would work fine for day trips, but there is a fan that pulls outside air to inside the cooler. If you are taking it wheeling make sure you keep the air vents clear and don't get any mud in there. They also sell rebuild kits for them at truck stops, comes with a new motor and some other parts. I just use a regular cooler and a bag of ice now, it keeps things colder.

#11 ·
i love my ARB fridge/freezer. Ive got the 42qt. model and it work perfectly all the time, hell in the middle of summer i can close it shut, turn it off and everything stays frosty inside for a long time. Ya it was uber expensive for a cooler, but to me well worth the price.

#14 ·
we have had one for about 5 yrs. Use it 2-3 weeks a year camping. It sits under our awning and keeps beer and pop cold. Consistantly 40 deg under outside temp. Only problem is that the nipple on the 12v plug will melt into the plastic on the plug. about every other year I e-mail Coleman and they send a new cable. I hear that on the new ones the cable is hard wired and not replaceable??? If so that may be a problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.