Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Illegally wheeling in the Kalamazoo, MI area.

16K views 79 replies 42 participants last post by  trogdor the burninator 
#1 ·
There is a group that goes out constantly around here. The one kid has even received a $450 ticket for doing this, and he continues to do so.

Last night he managed to get stuck in a mud hole. He is still there. How the hell do you get the point across to these people that this is not ok?

I told him I would come get him if he was not on illegal land. They post all their stuff on facebook to.

#3 ·
Oh trust me. I already said if he was not illegally wheeling I'd come get him out. All of his buddies are trying.... one of them will no doubt be killed I'm sure...

they broke a strap so talked about using chains....then a kid posted he has a 5k winch, and thinks you can use a boat anchor to throw on the ground to hold him while winching.

#10 ·
Any damage associated with them trespassing can be charged.
Any fluids leaked and the cost to clean up those fluids can be charged.
Any damaging items "left" like a tie rod that may cause a ruptured tire or track may be found repairs if you can prove it is the trespassers item.

Lawyer up first(covering my butt here).
But, damages to property that is placed there unlawfully are not the home owners liability.

#18 ·
One group in kzoo posted a map of all their wheeling spots, of which maybe 3 were legal. They told me that this group was started by people who cant afford to legally wheel, cant afford to go to parks, therefore do what they can with what they have. Needless to say they deleted all my posts from their facebook page...

One of their favorite hang outs was behind the TGIF on west main just east of 131.
I dont know if this is where this truck is stuck at, but its a good place to start

#21 ·
One of their favorite hang outs was behind the TGIF on west main just east of 131.
I dont know if this is where this truck is stuck at, but its a good place to start[/QUOTE]

I would bet money this is where it is at. A lot of poeple tell me to go out there and wheel. I always tell them it is illegal. They always say everyone else is out there so it is ok. :sonicjay:Or we will go at nite when no one is around it will be ok.:sonicjay:

#23 ·
Lighten up a little guys.

We ALL were young and stupid at one time. Live and let learn.

Things have a way of working themselves out.

Leave it to the property owner to pursue trespassing charges. Is it really your concern?

I dont condone illegal wheeling, but you wont see me rushing to contact the "5-0" if I see some kids wheeling in the ditch.

#64 ·
lighten up a little guys.

We all were young and stupid at one time. Live and let learn.

Things have a way of working themselves out.

Leave it to the property owner to pursue trespassing charges. Is it really your concern?

I dont condone illegal wheeling, but you wont see me rushing to contact the "5-0" if i see some kids wheeling in the ditch.
x2

#29 ·
Sorry, no sympathy for them on my end. As Al mentioned he has posted comments on their FB group, he and I have swapped PMs and posts with them on another 4x4 forum, obviously not making any kind of impression on them. I don't know how aggressively the DNR & local law enforcement follow up on leads like this, but heard a rumor that DNR was provided with a link to their FB map showing all of their preferred illegal wheeling locations.

#54 ·
I don't know how aggressively the DNR & local law enforcement follow up on leads like this, but heard a rumor that DNR was provided with a link to their FB map showing all of their preferred illegal wheeling locations.
Anyone sent a link to dnr/msp/usfs yet?
I'm from sanford, but I could go into our field office and report it tomorrow...
The rumor came from a pretty reliable source

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.