Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Ann Arbor Driveshaft

10K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Daddy Dan 
#1 ·
I have got to say, I have had Tom Woods shafts and High Angle shafts, but this week I got ahold of Eric @ Ann Arbor driveshatf about a new Rubicon shaft. He special ordered the 1350 CV and built the shaft in one day, not to meantion another I sent over to have lengthened. Can you ask for better service? And, he was bettered priced... I don't know why you would send an order out of state when you can get service like this, the name on the shaft doesn't make it better! I would put his craftsmanship up against anyones. It is because of him that a couple of us are making the run this weekend... :usa:

#4 ·
Doesn't look like they have a website, but here you go.

Ann Arbor Drive Shaft
(734) 484-5310

572 S Mansfield St
Ypsilanti, MI 48197

#11 ·
any idea on the cost of rebuilding a driveshaft?

also what is the cost of lengthinging a driveshaft?[/QUOTE]

my Drive shaft is the one that got lengthend so mentioned above by Chris1420. in a days turn around, to have my DS stretched 3.5" and a 1330 to 1310 unjoint insatlled and balanced was $149.

Ill deff go back again for the next DS

#14 ·
kind of pricey.
Joint clutch and gear did a brand new one for me for like $230 w/ spicer u-joints and CV

I understand the conversion U-joint is more but it seems a little pricey still.

What are crazy, you think that is pricey?:stan3:

Shit, people are so cheap.

You get what you pay for. and I paid for top notch work, quality, frendly service, and quick work. I n my book thats money well spent.:thumb:

#8 ·
I have a Dana 300 that I plan to install and called Ann Arbor Driveshaft to get a quote. $240-$250 for a new rear driveshaft and $85 to shorten and balance the front driveshaft. Don't know how much they'd want to lengthen one but it might give you some ballpark idea.

#10 ·
I've had work done by them and I've also referred people to them. Just to reiterate what everyone else has said, great quality work, good prices, and fast turnaround time. Not to mention, you're helping out a fellow jeeper (Eric has a nice YJ that he toys around with).

#15 ·
I have had very good luck with these guys. Rebuilt the front driveshaft on my TJ. Very reasonable and they know what they are doing.

#20 ·
Digging this one from the grave. These guys know what they are doing and do it for a great price. It is still all done in house. I dropped off a two piece shafts from the rear of my f350 crew cab (over 8' long). Fully prepared to pay for a new rear section to be made. He fixed it and balanced it out perfectly. Put in neapco (U.S. made) u-joints and even gave me back the old Chinese ones so I can take them back to the box stores. Had it done early the next day. Under $150.

He said "I hooked it up and that thing spun like a banana. But we were able to straighten it up and it balanced out, no problems." They heated it in key areas and brought it back to damn near 0 runout. they ground the old weights off and it now only has a small washer welded on to balance out. It feels like a whole new truck again.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.