Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Diesel Performance Friendly Dealerships?

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Buggy_Tim 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of any dealers out there that turn their heads when you bring your modded junk in for warranty work? Chevy mainly...but maybe other makes will help other people.

#2 ·
Well if you didnt buy a Junk Duramax i have the answer . Cummins of Ford take them to the engine builder , cummins dealer instead of dodge . Ford you take to an international dealer . GM , well your screwed what can i say :swampjeep :gman:

#3 ·
Grandman said:
Well if you didnt buy a Junk Duramax i have the answer . Cummins of Ford take them to the engine builder , cummins dealer instead of dodge . Ford you take to an international dealer . GM , well your screwed what can i say :swampjeep :gman:
So you are telling me that if i have a Cummins all juiced up and I take it to a cummins dealer cause i twisted the trans out of it they will replace the trans under the Dodge factory warranty? I don't think so.

They might take care of motor problems...but to me that really isn't the worry. Its all of the other **** around the motor that I'm curious about.

#5 ·
dosn't really apply here, but just cause i like them i'm gunna plug them, but Scion actually strongly encourages it's buyers to mod there cars, and offer all modifications through the dealers so that they are covered under warrenty. and by any mod, i mean any mod, suspension, turbo/supercharger, re-gearing. they have contracts with local tuner shops that they sub-contract the work to, then they cover it, i love it. i have an xA and have already done tons of suspension work, and am gettin a turbo put on next week. all under covered under warrenty.

#15 ·
davidbrady said:
dosn't really apply here, but just cause i like them i'm gunna plug them, but Scion actually strongly encourages it's buyers to mod there cars, and offer all modifications through the dealers so that they are covered under warrenty. and by any mod, i mean any mod, suspension, turbo/supercharger, re-gearing. they have contracts with local tuner shops that they sub-contract the work to, then they cover it, i love it. i have an xA and have already done tons of suspension work, and am gettin a turbo put on next week. all under covered under warrenty.
ford does the same with ford racing parts :junk:

#18 ·
scion aftermarket has to be dealer installed if it isn't a scion part. Dealers won't instal "anything"

#20 ·
scion is however, the only company that markets and advertises their aftermarket junk

#22 ·
If it were chipped and you blew the trans...how would they know? Unless you told them. Now if it were propane injected, then you prolly would have to pull it. I have seen more small town dealers look the other way then big city folk. It goes back to $ per warranty claim. The makers track that number and when it hits a magic number...different for each make, but usually about 20% higher than the regional average, it triggers a mini-warranty audit. These mini-audits can lead to full audits and large chargebacks to the dealership.

I know, because I used to be an auditor...yea yea...I was the dickhead.:stan:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.