Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

The camp fix-a-lot crew travels to Moab

15K views 134 replies 54 participants last post by  alboy79 
#1 ·
Well, there's 4 of us out here in Moab. Tab, Paulburley, Tweak and me. Headed out Thursday night.

Heading through Denver we had our first carnage.

Saturday was the trip through Colorado and we were fortunate to have beautiful weather. Especially since the pass was closed yesterday.:sonicjay:

Yesterday was our first day on the trails so we headed for Hell's Revenge. Here's Paul on Hell's Gate.

Poser shot above the Colorado River.

Stickies seem to work nice.:thumb:

Then Tab tried to get Kristie to roll on Escalator.

I found the point where I start to lose oil pressure.

Awesome scenery everywhere.

See less See more
#72 ·
We took the 4x4 road out to see the Whale eye arch. It's just a bumpy road. But with that, we also took the trail to see the petrified dinosaur tracks. I don't think anybody got good pics because it was getting dark but it's a must visit.

Yesterday was a 12 hour day running Pritchet Canyon and Behind the Rocks. No pics posted yet because everyone was exhausted. My wife took over 300 & I'm sure everyone else did too. Tweak took lots of video. So, sooner or later, should be some good pics up.

We've got some minor repairs to do this morning & then we are off to Area BFE today. We've heard there's not much there though.:teehee:

#75 · (Edited)
Here's a smattering from Pritchett Canyon.

Paul getting high on life.

Tweak working Rocker Knocker. Rob did awesome on this trail considering he was on 33" tires, D30 axles and working the clutch all the time. He had to winch some of the tough stuff but I think he had a blast!:thumb:

The wives did some driving.

Group shot looking down the canyon.

We wheeled the day with a couple guys from Washington. They had a couple nice rigs and were great guys on the trail.

I tried Rocker Knocker straight up rather than the typical line. I made it "most" of the way.:sonicjay:

Tab & I both did some playing.

There are so many more pics to post and some great shots. I just wanted to get something up this morning before we head out.

#80 ·
Awesome pics. Our crew went out there last year about this time (of course I got to stay home and mind the store :( ) but I recognize a lot of those trails from the pics they brought back.

The competition team we sponsor is in Kamas UT and they have a full shop if camp fix-a-lot needs anything.

#84 ·
Some various photos from Pritchet Canyon & behind the rocks. I shot a lot of video yesterday, but need to edit a lot of it and also get it uploaded (most will have to wait until I get home on a high speed internet connection).

The wife was having a blast watching everyone play on the rocks! :thumb:

Down in Pritchet Canyon:

One of the many holes/arches throughout the canyon:

A little tippy in spots:

Can he make it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.