Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Why is my mouse/arrow flying to the corners fo my screen?

2K views 38 replies 24 participants last post by  Immortal 
#1 ·
I don't know what is going on, but for the past week my cursor is flying to one of the corners of my screen, and I won't know where it is unless I move the mouse around a lot and see it again. What the hell is going on?

#7 ·
Ok smart asses.

Yes, it's doing it by itself without me touching or moving the mouse.

I already cleaned the laser.

I am WAY too sick to be drinking.

With all these dogs around, we don't keep poison in the house. :d:

#9 ·
Is this on a laptop with a touch pad? I used to have that problem with mine when I was doing motorsport support. After being in the sun for awhile (matter of minutes), the arrow would go crazy. Maybe yours is getting too warm? We ended up disabling the touchpads and only used the stick thingy in the center of the keyboard.

#18 ·
We had that problem at the station with 2 of the computers in different rooms. Both were the same microsoft wireless mouse model and when one person was working the mouse icon on the other computer was going all over. Changed the 'mice' and things were all good.

if that's not it.... maybe Mickey is on Crack

#21 ·
I went into MSCONFIG and turned EVERYTHING off in the startup menu. Reboot, and it's working fine now. The only thing is, I know some of those things I turned off needs to be on, but I have no idea what is what in there.

So, something was running in the background to be causing this to happen. An top of the cursor moving all over, I would get an audio sound too, that "click" sound like when you aclually click on something and you get an audio sound across your speakers (if you have that turned on).

Computers anoy the hell out of me.

#24 ·
I don't think you answered whether it's a laptop or not

It can be the trackpad OR the trackpoint that makes it go to the corners of the screen. Especially on Dells, it tends to be the trackpoint, for me.

The issue could have just coincidentally gone away with the reboot...

#30 ·
Let's recap this for those that have not read the whole thread.

Symptoms = An Audio "Click" every once in a while and the Cursor would freakishly dissapear to one of the far corners of the screen.

This is not a Laptop. It's a Dell PC. With an IBM mouse (laser style, no trackball).

I rebooted numerous times since I've noticed this, and it never did any good.

I went into MSCONFIG and turned off EVERYTHING in the startup tab.

Everything is fine, except now nothing is running in the background, so I have to go turn everything back on manually. Problem is I don't know what is what in there, somehow I have something in my computer that does not belong.

#35 ·
Probably isn't it but in my computer class we used to download little fake virus's to do stupid things. One would open your start menu every 30 seconds, and another would minimize stuff. All of the programs would run in the background. Someone might be playing a trick on you, know anyone that would/could do that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.