Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Open Manifold Exhaust

3K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  bj house 
#1 · (Edited)

#7 ·
Yeah its a daily driver. It currently has the muffler cut off, and I'll probably just remove the cats so its straight piped. I'd imagine that as long as I'm not hard on the gas driving though the city I shouldn't have a problem with cops. I'm really out in the country most of the time anyway, and I just like it loud. Ya gotta love the sound of a V8.

#8 ·
you will have tons of pissed off neighbors and good luck getting into Silver Lake with it like that. I know if you were my neighbor I sure would not like you much, especially when I am trying to sleep or my kids are.

#10 ·
go visit Wegotmud.com
they have better tech for loud trucks.
remember all they have to do is complain and your truck will no longer be loud

#19 ·
with a extended cab long box and FULL strait pipes all the way to the rear bumper and some turbo tips would tone it down enough to run on the street, My old partner did that to all his ford trucks It was loud when he got on it hard but quite enough to ease around town and not get busted, any thing less would be moronic Just leave the cat on and run a strait pipe from there

#20 ·
Either this thread is a joke or the original poster is an ass. Run some type of an exhaust all you do by acting irresponsible is to give all of us in the 4x4 community a bad name. We have enough bullshit to fight to be able to wheel already don,t make it worse. just my .02

#25 ·
The main reason I ask this question in the first place is because I just rebuilt the motor, and when I put it back in the truck, I just wanted to know if it would've been ok to go ahead and test the motor without hooking the whole exhaust system up yet. So please, no more bullshit guys.

#26 ·
If your just checking to make sure the motor runs then it will have no problems. What year is it ? If it is OBDII then it would throw trouble codes for not having the cats and o2 sensors on it.

I would advise against driving it that way or having it running for extended periods of time like that though.

I started my 6.0L the other day with open manifolds just to make sure it ran and it was outrageously loud but it did throw some nice flames out of the manifold. :sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.