Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

New roof rack

5K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  FlamesFearMe 
#1 ·
A week or two ago, we built a nice roof rack for my XJ. Here are a few pics of it mounted and with my spare on it. Like to hear what you all think of it. Not intended for much other than my spare and a high lift jack.
Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

See less See more
#3 ·
It's cheap pipe and we bent it with a harbour freight bender, lol. Turned out pretty good though. It's hard to make 90's with that bender. I'm hoping to get a JDM model 2 soon though...

#7 ·
yea,yea ! I took them off today anyways with a bunch of others. The only club stickers I am rockin now are GL4X4 and MJ. I also trimmed up my bumper covers . Sucks cus I was hopin to have bumpers by now. I wasnt parked on a boulder, but a few Soma had me not thinking clearly. :chiefwoohaw: I am happy with the rack for sure though, I luv it!

#10 ·
I've been thinking about making and selling them. I have made a few of them. They have all turned out pretty well so far. That one, even with both of us working on it took most of a day.

#23 ·
If I were to make and sell them, theyd be around $200-$250. I'd like to make a bunch, I am just too busy right now with vinyl work and regular job. Maybe when stuff slows down a bit. I've built three of them. James's turned out the best so far.

Here is the 2nd one I built. no pic of 1st but it was ugly anyways.

#27 ·
Not really...just want to make sure my family is alright until I get another job. If I start building some stuff and people like it, it is a future possibility. I don't think though, that I would just build a standard bumper and sell it. I think I would stick to just doing custom stuff. More built to order kinda work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.