Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1% prez........"the jiggler"

229K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Mr.Green 
#1 · (Edited)
just finishing up my tj and my buddys tj(wheelsofsteele). he did a 60 front w 60 rear out of a 79 ford. had a rubicon long arm so we changed the upper links in rear, tossed the rear trackbar and built a 3 link for the front. i did a 60 front 14 bolt rear,3 link front, leaves in the rear. streched to 103. i built new arms for the front and 2.5 currie joints. will post up pictures and more detail when i figure out how to get these pictures in photobucket. we started mikes jeep july 29 sun night and finishing it up today. his tj is a 1997 mine is a 2003. there is some diffrent stuff between the years.i will give detail on what we ran into.

#532 · (Edited)
i like the jiggler...:naughty:

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    905.4 KB Views: 143
#541 ·
i just called you? i know your not doing anything at work.

#542 ·
start tomorrow!! cory said a week and a half..i have about 2 weeks off work so i will be putting in some hours to get the chassie done.i will get some pictures in a few days.
ordered some corbeau seat's,and some bumps for the front.the next 2 weeks are going to be some long days.

#550 ·
Just a guess here,

$1200 in link ends
$1000 in tube
$4000 in shocks
$10,000 in axles
$7,000 in motor
$2,500 in a transfer case
$1,000 in gauges and chassis harness
$4,000 in bullshit

Grand total of $30,700

So how am I far off am I? I know your buggy didn’t even cost one third of my estimate
I remember somewhere someone said those 14 bolt axles were north of 10k each. Thats still only 40k though. I'd assume there is probably a lot labor costs they have thrown in there too in their pricing scheme, but that goes beyond your comment of what you could build it for.

Also you don't have the $20k TC ball sweat on the seat factored in. :sonicjay:

#551 ·
I remember somewhere someone said those 14 bolt axles were north of 10k each. Thats still only 40k though. I'd assume there is probably a lot labor costs they have thrown in there too in their pricing scheme, but that goes beyond your comment of what you could build it for.

Also you don't have the $20k TC ball sweat on the seat factored in. :sonicjay:
true dat...

#552 ·
I would say closer to $10K for the motor.

I priced out a buggy last week. If I provided 100% of the driveline, the cost was still north of $20K. The quote is a PDF and I can't break out the options but it's easy to wrap up $1000 in seats and harness's, then consider fuel cell, floor, outer skins, $1200 in steering, etc. Dont' forget aftermarket pedal assemblies. And guess what, no one has added in the cost of wheels and tires.

#559 · (Edited)
i dont care for that rig. he paid like 80 for it when he bought it from tc.
i am using everything i had already.(i have close to 5 grand in my front axle) i bought a 5.3 for 600 and 400 for wiring and computer work.so a grand into a running motor.just bought 2 new corbeau ss seats for 378 shipped to my door.320 for front bumps.i have 700 into one set of 2.5 coilovers and 1150.00 into the new fox 2.5's. already have 1/14 heims all the way around.if you buy new those are 100 a arm.
still will be buying a bunch but i guarantee i will have less then 10 into this now..buying it all from new would be 20grand or more.

.already have tires and rims.will be buying a bunch of little stuff

#560 ·
however you look at it it cost money.and a shit ton of work.

do i think every rig running koh is worth 60 to 100 grand no.but to each there own.

if i won the lotto the first thing i would do is call tc up and buy showtime. then i would buy campbells buggy just to run around my field.:sonicjay:

#562 ·
no pic tell the weekend.should be almost a roller by then.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.