Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

who is going to red bud?

3K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  dragtruk 
#1 ·
bunch of us are leaving fri night..see if alessi can do any better on the new 350 ktm.think dungey has a rap on everyone in the 450 class though.eli tomac is my pick for the 250 class...there is about 10 guys that can win the 250 class.that is the best racing...

#5 ·
i am debating on going to watch or sitting at home in the ac and watching on the computer and TV. probably end up staying home since my bike in torn apart and will not be ready in time to ride the night track or whatever they do now. i want to see a good 5/33 battle, i don't think mike will be in the mix after the halfway point of the races. the 250 class is up in the air.

#6 ·
i want to see a good 5/33 battle,

yep i would like to see dungey and grant, bar to bar.

i guess alessi has some health issues..( most likely sick of his dick head dad screaming at him)!!

#8 ·
My brother is racing on sunday, but I dont know if I am going to make the pro event or not.

I am actually more excited to watch him than the pros, the little shit got 10th in the 450B Mod class at the LL Regional last weekend. Too bad he only was able to race one moto, in moto 2 he got taken out while in 6th and put his shift lever though the case.

REEEEDD BUUUUDD!!

#11 ·
i went up to get beer the other day and heard them riding from king. i took a ride by but couldnt see shit with a couple trailers there. who owns the track on the other side of the feild?

#16 ·
you dont relize, how lazy you get on the thumper... and head back to the 2smokes... i have done it quite a bit, and hands down the 4 stroke is the lazy mans way to victory :) i found myself not raping the clutch like i used to when all i had was 2 strokes... but there is something about that Klotz/race gas smell!!!! love it!

as for Red Bud i will be there!!!! and i would love to see some pressure on Dungey!!! he tends to ride alot more on the edge then, and more likely to bite it!

Go Yamaha!!!

Ck1500

#18 ·
ya thats the thing i realize when i ride my 450 is i feel like im lazy but im still riding it alot harder them my buddies with their 250 smokers. i still have the feeling i ride my 4 strokes like a 2 stroke

#29 ·
had a absolute blast this weekend! drank alot of beer, got alot of sun, and partied like a rockstar! got to watch 6 or 7 drunk sluts collapse a table and rip down a e z up dancing on a plastic table at 2 am. wasnt really impressed by the douchebags up at 6 am with their fawkin techno bullshit blarin and yellin on the mic.

#32 ·
yep townley is looking good...

#33 ·
He looked great two years ago before he got hurt on the little bikes. It looks like he just needs to build some more endurance and he will be all set. Short dissapointed as usual, I like the guy a lot but no aggression gets you passed all day long. I dont know if he is scared of other bikes around him or what the deal is.

The amateur day was good Aussiebrook of how ever you spell it looked good in the 450 A open and the guy who got second has a great smooth riding style a la kevin windham. Second place guy also was the only one to hit the leap on a regular basis, into a head wind. He almost lost it though, got a bit cocky and tried to scrub a bit of speed and came up about 6" short.

#34 ·
short still has a ride because he is a all around nice guy..still fast but just don't always have the drive.
the 250 class was the best racing..canard wanted it in the second moto and he deserved the win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.