9" all set up

Mounting dem

Crossmember clearenced for driveshaft

Damn Dog

Beast looking

Weld much?

See less See more
#1,283 ·
I don't know why you have to make everything so difficult for me :sonicjay: I can't find dick for information on that part number other than its a 4 series valve and your product number doesn't even remotely match their numbers.
http://www.vickers.sh.cn/pdfs/06-317.pdf
You need to call their help line and get the specifics for the valve. Displacement per rev is the most critical. Nominal flow rate is 4gpm input to your pump, I have to look but I think 2 gpm is the most you're going to get out of a PS pump, don't quote me on that though. Call and get the specifics so we can figure out what orbital you do need. It'll be easier to sell the one you have if you know what it is also.

What cylinder did you buy? bore and stroke and rod size?

#1,289 ·
I have the 2x8 tsc ram. Stock Saginaw style pump unmodified, believed my application was 84 bronco w/ heavy duty steering. Can't find a listing on the pump anymore. My orbital is a danfoss 0spc 115 ON

I think I am around 4-5 turns lock to lock with half turn more one way vs the other because its single ended.

#1,290 ·
Calculating turns lock to lock is easy

π x radius of cylinder squared x length of cylinder...then take that number and divide by ci output of the orbital

I run a 2x8 tsc ram and a 7.6 ci orbital so mine comes out

(3.14 x 1 x 8) / 7.6 = 3.3 turns lock to lock and its really close to that. I'm running a stock Toyota pump.

#1,299 ·
Waiting on that text right now.

$600 if you include the adapter, fittings, hoses. I already had the new pump, and tabs.

Trust me if I could of swung the PSC kit I would have :sonicjay:

My new air bumps, cans, and inner air locks are on the way too! Scratch that :(

Oh wait my garage roof looks like this :(

#1,303 ·
:sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay:

So would the center of the wheel rotation shift as you turn to lock in the push stroke to return it to center the other way? Couldn't you technically run out of steering at that rate? I haven't researched that much about steering valves...

shouldn't you divide that by two since you are effectively using the midpoint of your stroke as tires pointing straight?

#1,309 ·
I was curious as to the actual difference in my steering so i checked tonight....~3.3 one way and ~2.75 the other....until i actually set there and counted tonight i had never even noticed the difference.

I wouldn't call these type steering setups shit. Are you going to go race koh with it? No....Does it work great for recreational wheeling? Hell yes. I have for sure less than 500$ in mine. Stock pump, fabric hose with reusable ends so it can be assembled and repaired on the trail no problem, tabs made from scrap steel, ect and it all works very well.

#1,315 · (Edited)
2 things, I didn't say it was a shit setup, I said "if he's wrong on the orbital again he'll have spent more than the PSC double ended system to have shit steering"(7 turns of the wheel to turn one way is shit.)

How is your orbital 7.6 in^3/rev one way and 3.99 in^3/rev the other direction(3.3 and 2.75)? Cylinder volume is easy to calculate, volume minus the rod is the volume the other way and your steering doesn't make sense to me if it's a closed system. :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.