Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Mr. Beefy's "not quite yet U4 buggy" build

358K views 3K replies 117 participants last post by  Mr. Beefy 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright fine, I'll make a new build thread :finger: :sonicjay:

Bought a MandM offroad chassis from PJ, super good dude to deal with and super nice. HIGHLY recommend. http://mandmfab.com/id68.html
This is chassis #20

Order placed on Monday 11-5 at about noon..

Got this on 11-6.

11-9

11-12

11-13

See less See more
#1,281 ·
Just finished removing them, I def had blown the RR seal between the chambers. The upper chamber fluid is black and the lower chamber fluid is green. When I drained them the lower chamber was dark grey and looked like metal in the oil :(. The other rear had a tint of dark to the green. Didn't notice any in the fronts but not gonna chance it and shipping all 4 out tomorrow.

From what I have been reading they have a very quick turnaround. Most guys stated then were gone less then a week before getting them back.

#1,287 · (Edited)
Survived moustache run.

Did as I expected in the 2wd hill climb-poorly. Just not enough weight vs traction.

Improbtu 4wd hill climb I won :woot:

Sqaut and pee course I did very poorly. Got stuck on a tire for several minutes. I got rammed off it by liv2mx. Finished the course but broke a brake line. Got that fixed at camp easy peasy.

Winch hill I took a bad bounce which smashed a rim and blew the sidewall out of my LF tire ending my run.

Put big tires on and went back out. Had fun. Ran python at race speed :sonicjay:.

Made some pretty hard attempts at the washout in the big valley. That's become my new favorite spot at r and v.

Didn't find any other casualties on the buggy. One brake line was pretty good considering what it got put through.

#1,296 ·
There was a small downed tree across it this time. When I drove up to it the tree hit my A pillar at the hood and droving up the washout pushed the tree up and over the roof. I just couldn't get my left tire up on the ledge to get over the cliff side of the washout.

would have been fun to try. that greasy climb out of Big Ugly (pretty sure that was the trail) was fun too. crazy slick coming out of the mud hole

nice to hear the rig held up to all the abuse. :thumb:

#1,293 ·
That wash out is getting pretty bad... Throws you into the side of the hill when the LF tire comes up which in return buries the RF tire into the abyss... It is one of my favorites as well. Sounds like it has gotten worse as this was more then a month ago when i went.

Glad to hear you did well at the mustache run!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.