Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Cummins new partner

6K views 65 replies 32 participants last post by  silveradoboy 
#1 ·
I seen today cummins is now putting there 4 bts in nissans trucks

Thoughts?

#3 ·
5.0L I6 cummins that was originally intended for the Ram 1500 back in 2006. This motor was supposed to go in production in 2010 but due to the economy slow down this engine was cancelled from the line up in the ram. Im not a Titan fan but im excited to see what this engine will do in a Titan. I think it will net great fuel economy and tow excellent.

#20 ·
I was just thinking the same thing. Cummins builds a great engine no doubt, but they keep getting stuffed in trucks that suck. I am curious to know what transmission they will put behind it. If nissan is smart they will use the allison 1000.

#24 ·
That's 2 new 1/2 ton diesels coming out, I like this trend. Even if you don't like Dodge or Nissan it'll bring some promising competition to the marketplace. The other companies would be stupid not to follow suit. I have zero interest in ever owning a Nissan pickup truck, but it'll probably rip with a V8 diesel in it!!

#26 ·
My buddy just sold his titan. 230k on a 2011. Truck was a huge pile of shit. Needed tires, oil changes and ball joints once while he owned it. Worked it hard everyday too. His family owns a custom metal Fab company and it was his work truck.

They seem to be decent trucks. I almost bought one but couldn't get past the looks.

#42 ·
Hmm...I remember in my engines classes in college that the 90 degree V8 was the best naturally balanced. Maybe that was just my professor's opinion, or quite possibly I was just hungover as fuck that day. :sonicjay:

Did a little more reading....definitely wrong.

Although it does seem to be a prevalent idea that V8s are the smoothest, albeit a wrong idea.

#43 ·
Its apretty nicely packaged 5 liter common rail vgt motor. The version i worked with was smooth, quiet, and efficient. The cal clipped it to 3oo hp and 550 lbft. And that was about 4 years ago. Im sure its even better now. Cummins spent a ton of money on anew facility to build them in columbus indiana, and has been hoping to find someone to use it.

#48 ·
From what I was told, Cummins designed it to be damn near universal fit and is not interested in making exclusive contracts with anybody. ie, anybody could pick it up at any time. I don't know if that's all true or not, but I hope it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.