Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Rocks And Valleys Off Road Park

7K views 49 replies 25 participants last post by  ronprice 
#1 ·
http://rocksandvalleys.com

Soon to be full open for trail runs. Grand opening May 16th
Please PM me if you would like to bring a group up before hand to run the park.

#8 ·
Thanks!! A trail map is in the works and some quick links to pic post on other sites and to local businesses that are helping support the park.

A March 28th and 29th run is open for donations and possible this next weekend do to we are having a few guys be in the Clare St. Paddys day parade for the park. Then I beleive they will be going to the park. PM me if you want to join them.

#10 ·
Rules and Regulations:

The following rules are to be acknowledged and respected by everyone who enters Rocks & Valleys. By signing a release of liability or waiver you understand and have agreed to all of these rules.

RULE #4. All 4x4’s must be insured. We suggest you abide by what YOUR state law is regarding registration. We are not a law enforcement agency.

So guys with trail only rigs and rock buggies aren't welcome without "insurance". Wow... Insurance does neither party any good once a rig is taken to an offroad park. Huh...

Kinda sucks. Seems like that rule alone will deter quite a few. Or is that the point?

#15 ·
You might want to confirm that in writing with your insurance agent.:poke:

Ron, back when we were first promoting OSTC the owner had the same rule and several people complained. We convinced Deano that if a person came with a rig with a full cage and harness's that he would be safe. It also kept from having someone bring a POS that wasn't safe. He went with that idea. You guys might be able to consider the same thing.:thumb: It falls into the difference between negligence and gross negligence.

For those that are bitching about the insurance rule, go talk to a lawyer and put yourself in the shoes of the owner. You would probably do the same thing. I don't know for sure but I think places like the Badlands have huge insurance policies that allow them to waive the insurance rule, but until R&V sees enough business to pay for the huge policy, they have to be safe.

FWIW, I think it's a fair policy.

#12 ·
Then the rules need to state that because I know ALOT of guys wanting to try the park out that rule #4, 4. All 4x4’s must be insured, would make it so they were not allowed.

#26 ·
WRoNG!!!

The Michigan Assigned Claims Plan and Michigan Law states that for your Personal liability in an auto your auto insurance covers you in any AUTO related liability claim. If your walking down the road and some one hits you , YOUR auto insurance covers you fist. And if you have NONE that when the Michigan Assigned Claim plan provide protection to victims of uninsured motorist. This means If you injure someone with your rig THEIR AUTO POLICY on what ever they have INS. take care of them. BECAUSE it is a AUTO related event. And if you dont have a auto policy of some sort WHAT WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE then the Michigan Assigned Claims plan kicks in
This is as simple as I can explain it.
I went all threw this when building the Business Plan for the park.
Please dont question this and just stir things up. Just come wheeling Your good.

#16 · (Edited)
I HAVE A CAGE, BELTS ,BATTERY TIED DOWN AND A FIRE EXTINGUISHER IM NOT OUT TO DAMAGE MY RIG OR ANYONE ELSES . WE LEARNED THE DIFFERENCE A WHILE AGO BETWEEN HARD CORE WHEELING RIG & DAILY DRIVER ... THAT REQUIRES INS. WHICH PROBABLY ISNT GOING TO COVER "OFF ROAD " DAMAGE . ESPECIALLY IF THEY KNOW YOU SIGNED A "WAIVER " AT A OFF ROAD PARK I KNOW MY TOW RIGS INS WILL NO WAY COVER MY WHEELIN RIG WHEN ITS NOT ON THE TRAILER I GUESS YOUR LOOKIN FOR A BUNCH OF MALL WHEELERS AS CUSTOMERS . SOME OF US WERE LOOKIN FOWARD TO TRYING YOUR PLACE BUT AT TWICE THE PRICE OF ANOTHER OFF ROAD PARK AND INSURANCE COST WE"LL WISH YOU SUCESS FROM SOME WHERE ELSETIMES ARE TOUGH SO INSURING A OFFROAD ONLY RIG IS HARD TO DO

#20 ·
My wife and I spent a lot of time researching the insurance situation last year when the other park put out that rule. We checked with several companies. From all I can see you are only kidding yourself if you think you are insured when you are wheeling off road in a park. Sure the insurance companies will take your money, but if you are involved in denting some sheet metal in an off road park there is no way those insurance companies are going to cover that. I really doubt anyone has really collected without telling lies about where and when it happened. Of course we are wheeling trail only rigs, like lots of our friends and that does make a difference when you are trying to get insurance. And heaven forbid there is a serious injury, even with a road licensed rig, in the park.............and the lawsuits start. How long before the insurance companies will did into the truth? I certainly understand anyone wanting to own and operate an off road park wanting to do all they can to lessen their liability and I don't envy their position. All I know is I can not obtain insurance for my off road only vehicle that will stand up in a lawsuit...........without dropping a ton of money.

#21 ·
"Holy crap they might as well close the place down because they don't cater to you? Seriously, get over yourself. Pack a lunch instead of picking up McDonalds and you can afford PLPD for a day. Wish them luck as another opportunity to wheel your junk legally in this state I'll be checking it out this summer.

Ron, thanks for putting in the time and work required to provide the 4x4 community another place to play "

We are definately not trying to "dog" anyone for giving us another spot to wheel in the state. We just think it is unfortunate for that "rule".

#27 ·
I know from my end the last thing I want to do is "just stir things up".

I can tell your right now I have LOTS of auto insurance.

AND I appreciate your invite to "just come wheeling, your good"

That's good enough for me!

We will be there.............and we certainly appreciate your work to build a park for us to come visit!

Thanx

#29 ·
You need at least PLPD to drive it to the park. no shit right, however comperhensive (Theft Fire Natural) is about 50 bucks every 6 months. That will show proof of coverage, not road coverage though, and is all a park requires. That is all I run on my rig, unless I know I will be on public roads, then I bump my coverage to PLPD for the weekend or week what ever I need.
Not a big deal, dont go blowing smoke because this NEW park is not a huge success yet like the Badlands and others like them, give R&V time to build up, if its good, things will get better and maybe a no coverage need policy will happen, until them relax.

#33 ·
ok so if I can stick my head in on this, was driving the gf's car got hit, went under my insurance as the driver (hers came in too so we were good) but was told I was the driver and was insured so that is the primary insurance.

What the park is looking at, if most of the responses have been from park operators, is that the driver is insured. Thus the insurance on the tow rig, liability, would transfer hopefully to the driver of the vehicle should such problems come up.

***The driver needs insurance more than the car?***

(excuse spelling, it is my friday)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.