Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

New to the lifted truck world and im hooked

4K views 38 replies 22 participants last post by  92FleXj 
#1 ·
Hello im new to this site an the whole 4x4 world but i just brought a truck.A 1995 yukon 2dr 4wd it was lifted already but was all messed up an broken i have had the truck for about 5 months peicing it back together but im still running into FRONT END PROBLEMS an thats where i been spending the bulk of my money if anyone can give me input an point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
my front wheels seem to hop bad going down the rode i was told my control arm bushings im not sure...an can i jus change the bushing or do i have to change to whole arm

Yes I'm running IFS I know it's got a body lift and suspension lift I jus replaced the front shocks with rancho rs9000xl I'm not sure exactly on the lift I say it's up atleast 6inches I'm running into problems because the guy I brought it from don't have any paperwork or anything pertaining to the lift kit but my only problem is front end

#6 ·
there is a lot of knowledge and help on this website, but if you don't make any attempt at using proper spelling and grammar you are not going to get shit for help.

Most of those lifted IFS trucks are prone to idler arm issues, tie rod ends, ball joints, and control arm bushings, all of which will make the truck ride like shit.

Chances are one or all of those things are worn out. Get to replacing.

#9 ·
If you’re truly hooked on lifted trucks and 4 wheeling put your money into sas'ing your yukon. Don’t waste your time with replacing the stock components. Redoing an IFS with quality parts costs just as much as throwing an axle under it. When I sas'ed my blazer the entire front end was due for replacing. The cost was exactly the same for replacing what I had or throwing in the new axle. Now the upgrades done to the axle are a different story :sonicjay: But I could have swapped in a solid axle with gears matching the rear and been happily on my way.

#13 ·
Looks like you have a 3" body lift and torsion key lift, which is gonna be the root of your front end problems

Get rid of the torsion key lift, get some smaller tires so the fit better

#17 ·
Welcome to great lakes 4x4, we are an offroad community of friendly enthusiastic people. While you are here please follow some simple rules.
1. Don't act like ***..
2. Do spell your words correctly.
3. Do use punctuation.
4. Don't act like a ***.
Have a great day.

#25 ·
Here, since you are new...I will help.

Hello, I'm new to this site and the whole 4x4 world, but I just bought a truck. It's a 1995 yukon 2dr 4wd, it was lifted already but was all messed up and broken. I have had the truck for about 5 months piecing it back together, but I'm still running into FRONT END PROBLEMS; and that's where I have been spending the bulk of my money. If anyone can give me input and point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Your Name

#27 ·
Really man....your writing sucks, bad

if your going type and spell words like that; you might as well leave the site now and never return

OR, you can use proper grammar (spelling is optional, just get the point across) and some punctuation, and you'll learn a lot from the guys, and girls, on here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.