View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:54 PM   #3
Gravel Maker
Steel Hauler

I got to tell you we don't make bolt on solutions......

Quote:
Originally Posted by junk90xj View Post
still no solution for the xj's though:tonka:
And we don't make many vehicle specific items, we make Fab Parts and I do understand the differences found in XJ's, I have 2 of them. The real problem with the XJ's Panhard is the reliance on a prebent bar, once bent they will just bend further. You need to first straighten both the panhard and the tierod. After you have done that take a look. Remove the existing panhard bracket and install the frame outside bracket and then replicate the new tierod angle using the axle offset bracket, it will not work on a stock rig but a trail rig has the room.

I always suggest to everyone to not focus on the problem but think about what would be ideal and the answer can become pretty apparent. This one isn't as easy as it sounds but it has been done by many. One of the biggest downfalls as I see it is always trying bolt on solutions, you cannot rely on a bolt the fix this problem. This is really a design problem Jeep decided was ok to run with. Remember all those threads talking about crappy, unsafe steering setups? They all start with bent tierods don't they!

Dan Fredrickson
www.ruffstuffspecialties.com
Your Fabrication Parts Source

The New Industry Standard!
Gravel Maker is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04047 seconds with 11 queries