View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #8
ddeadserious

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ddeadserious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
you steal our rbv rear axles and we steal your jeep front axles, all is well.

haha, i just got an 8.8 the other day and put 4.10 gears in it along with all new seals.
i paid $100 for it, but it came with 3.08 gears, no way that was going in my truck lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJEEPBlack4.5 View Post
Great write-up

But, What did you do with your Brakes? (As in master cylinder)
Because you went from drum to disk. (Pressure is different)

And also did you put your sway bar back in?
If so how.

Thanks,
Haven't done anything with the proportioning valve, but the disc brakes work better than the drums. I'll expect a significant improvement when I do a WJ master cylinder/brake booster swap. Just waiting on more money.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=946581

Didn't bother with the swaybar, I don't even know how a stock rear XJ swaybar is set up, but I know it's darn near useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate4d View Post
nice write-up mike.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Nice write up. What did you do for e-brake cables?
I don't even have an e brake handle inside my jeep, so therefore no cables, and therefore, I removed all the 8.8 drum e-brake crap that made the rotors stick. If I had(and may in the future) kept it, I'd have used the stock cables looped around with a u-bolt clamp thing, I'm sure you've seen it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster4.0 View Post
What was the reason for trimming the u-bolts? I would think the tire would hit the wheelwell way before the u-bolts would ever be an issue.....
So my impact socket would fit on it. That's alot of thread to tighten by hand. It looks way cleaner anyways, those were long u-bolts.
ddeadserious is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05283 seconds with 11 queries