Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Where did you get your trailer?
View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #27
Big Daddy Rubicon
There watching me! (.)(.)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Make sure that you buy one with at least 7000 pound GVW. You can get a jeep on a 16 ft trailer with no problem. 18 ft allows you to carry some extra junk like spare tire, tub of firewood, put a toolbox on the front, etc. IMO a 20 ft'r just adds length that you don't need. (unless you want to build a big ass toolbox up there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
Yeah I figure with 16 ft I am good for the jeep, I have a truck so any extras can go in there. 20 ft seems like too much extra length for no good reason.

Looking very possible that your old trailer may find its way to my house.
I myself would like to sell my 18' for a 20' to haul my quad too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledder View Post
D&R Trailer in Milan, 23 and Plank Road, 18 ft, $2450 ready to go. Steel frame, wooden deck. Iíve bought a couple trailers from them. Iíd go back.

I like the trailer. Would love have one in aluminum bought thatís some serious $.

When trailer shopping (new trailers on the lots) make sure the trailer has the tires and wheels you want. I found many dealers had absolutely cheap ass tires on the trailer and good tires were an option. Could add $400-$500 to the price.

Need (should have, suggest, good idea, law?) 4 wheel brakes. Another way for a trailer to look like a better deal is it only has brakes on one axle. Need both.

I have bought a few quad trailers from them and they good to me. In Michigan for the weight it is law that you have 2 axle brakes.

[QUOTE=a.j. hall;1528363]
I will race BDR in my car......and lose.
[/QUOTE]
Big Daddy Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05126 seconds with 20 queries